What's your charcoal stock looking like now with the Memorial Day Sales looming?

Had about 10 packs left from Labor Day Sale last year. Topped off with 20 more this weekend. 1116 lbs. Will last me until one of the big sales next year. A lot of dough to put out, but when you consider the savings over the next year, it's worth at, at least to me. Fortunately I have lots of room in my barn.

And my brother thinks "I'M CRAZY?" It I had the space I'd fill it too! Do you have that sitting on some kind of "Tommy lift" to save your back?
Impressive!

Just kidding, looks like a chop saw table under the front edge?

Good eye Timothy. That is my chop saw table, but there is no weight on it. Above the table is my scaffolding plank, running from foundation stem wall to a concrete block, which is absorbing the weight of the charcoal. Hope I don't have to paint anytime soon!

When the shingles were delivered for my new roof, I took the pallet and cut in 1/2.
I've stacked the halves and that keeps it well off the floor of the garage.
I thi I will have space to store the WSM if I quit buying things! Picked up two used but still quite serviceable banquet tables but, now I need to reorganize the whole garage to find a suitable storage spot!

I'm set until July 4th

9A5E093A-9CC9-4951-96DB-91021AC8B150_zpspxzlwodw.jpg

Due to re-arranging, organizing and moving stuff from garage to shed, my charcoal storage area's been cut down a bit. Still, I had room for two more twin-packs of KBB (bringing me to 11 unopened bags and two that are about 2/3 full each) and a 34 pound bag of Frontier lump ($16.99 @ BJ's wholesale club; not the best price, but seems to be good quality so far with plenty of the bigger chunks I like for "steak on the coals" grilling).

I should be OK until Labor day.

Didn't go to the sales for the first time in a while. Down to about 300lbs; should last me until Labor Day unless I start smoking every weekend again.

Back