What's on your Easter Menu?

timothy

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
We're doing a double schmoked spiral ham, polish & kraut, mac & cheese, kugela and roadhouse green beans.
Happy Easter everyone!

Tim

Barbecuing a pork steak for us to split and Diane is making potato salad and other sides to go along with it. I do the pork steak the way Dad taught me, and Diane is following my Mom's recipe for the potato salad...so it's kind of a family affair!

Got a ham going in the new off set. Deb has mashed taters, gravy, corn, deviled eggs with some rolls to top it all off. Oh and some delicious Colorado wine too.

spare ribs, first cook using the heatermeter on the wsm along with the first attempt of Orange Marmalade Sriracha Wings on the kettle.

I have a spatchcocked chicken salt brining.
It will go on the 14.5" WSM with lump and Coshell briqs for a hot and fast cook.
corn and bakers for sides.

We had 22 family and friends for Easter Sunday lunch.

At one point I had six webers in operation
1. A 4lb Beef brisket in the WSM-mini
2. 4 big slabs of pork ribs in 18.5 WSM (my first cook with it)
3. A boned leg of lamb, stuffed with pesto and parmesan in the Performer Deluxe
4. 3 big trays of Garlic potatoes heating in the Summit Silver D6 (First use after the restore)
5. A marinated fillet of Atlantic salmon in the Genesis 5000
6. And the SS performer doing excellent work of lighting charcoal...

Lots of fun.

I cured a ham out of a pork picnic roast. It was my third attempt and the best one yet. Did a wet cure using pink salt, injected the curing brine and then left the meat submerged in the brine for a week. Smoked it to an internal temp of 165, refrigerated it overnight, then reheated it in the oven. This time I didn't glaze it, and my family liked it even better than the Christmas ham that I glazed with a honey/mustard/brown sugar concoction. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures, but I seriously recommend getting some Prague powder and doing your own! :)

Back