Whats everyone cooking today

Jim Babek

TVWBB Pro
Just sitting here and wondering what everyone is up to today and what they are cooking.

As for me its 4 racks of really nice beef ribs dusted with my rub. Its rainy and dreary here today so the WSM is taking its sweet time to get to temp. Put everything on around 11 and now at 1:20 its finally getting to 225.

Just two beer-can chickens, but on the gasser. Did smoke up 3 slabs of spareribs, thursday though. Wife loved them. Especially the britu Q' sauce

l Old Bay brined (Doug D's brine) chicken in my 6 in. EZ Que kettle rotis. Hope I didn't leave the chicken in the brine too long, I'm afraid I did - overnight. I'll be sure to use a rub with NO salt.

Paul

Just dreaming of smoking. Weather is bad. I may ask my girlfriend to do a chicken on the EZ Que though now that I read Paul's post.

Not bbq'ing or smoking today but found a great recipe for authentic Italian spaghetti sauce and am trying it out.
Not sure how to post the link but here is the adress if anyone is interested.
spaghettisauceandmeatballs.com

I'm smoking a turkey and a ham. I'm using Keri C's Apple Juice brine recipe for the turkey and I just threw a basic glaze on the ham. I used mustard, honey, brown sugar, cloves & allspice. Since it's not a spiral I doubt the glaze will make much of a difference but we'll see.

It's quite nasty here in Beantown but the WSM is doing great. A steady 325 w/all vents open. It should be done in the next 30 minutes or so. Yum yum!

The WSM has the weekend off, but I'm going to grill a nice big steak for dinner this evening.

Man, a steak sounds good! I'm due. ("Honey, you going to the store?")
icon_smile.gif

My mom requested a meatloaf for her birthday party tomorrow. So you can bet I'm cookin one of those! But it don't seem right bringing just a meatloaf to moms party so I'm going to grill up some legs and/or thighs glazed with some "special" honey mustard bbq sauce I picked up last week.

If I'm lucky, it'll be steak tonight ... lol! Honey ...?

Rick

Setting up to throw some Chicken thighs that have been soakin in Goya Mojo onto the Smokey Joe, then using the leftover coals+half a chimney to start a overnighter for a 10 pound butt!
Pics to come!

Four choice brisket flats from Sam's. They just come out so good each time.

I threw a commercially cured corned beef on last night for a few hours. Finishing it up in the oven right now for dinner.

I put out a butt and a whole packer brisket last night at 11:00. About 1:00 I pulled the brisket and cut off the point. foiled both. The point went back on the wsm and the flat went into a cooler. Butt came off at 3:00 and the point went in the cooler at 3:30.

Well We have a house full and the butt is wiped out. The brisket is all gone. Well except for what I kept back. Keeping the point for chili tomorrow. Also kept enough of the flat for a sammich.

First try today with Johnsonville brats. Turned out great. About 45 minutes at 300 degrees, beer and water in the pan, mesquite chips for smoke. Two large peeled onions on the top grate with the brats.

My first ever smoke on my WSM! Have a butterflyed chicken on right now. I'm using the minion method, and am using seasoned fig chunks for my smoke wood. No marinade, no brine, just a store-bought rub. Hope everything goes o.k...the chic has been on for 15 minutes now...time to check the lid temp and log it!

Phil

I did 2 racks of beef ribs today. I set the BBQ sauce on the table and the bottle was never opened. The ribs were totally awesome.

I um, well, did a picnic in the oven with Mr Brown, the Southern sop and hickory smoked salt. The meat was moist and tender, but it would have been better had it been smoked.

Last night I grilled pork chops and I used the turkey fryer to cook up 10 lbs of wings. I used hooters breading and sauce for the first time and everyone enjoyed them.

Back