Whats everyone cooking today

Did a slab of spareribs and a butt yesterday........going to have a pulled pork sammie for breakfast.

I have the WSM warming up right now. Spareribs were on sale at my local Shuncks so I have three slabs ready to go on in about an hour. I also have fryer chicken that is going on the rotis for a snack around lunch time.

I'm going to smoke some buckboard bacon later todaay. It has been curing in the refer for two weeks and then I've been soaking the salt out for 24 hours.

Griff

Smoked up two 7 lb butts...put em on with the Minion method at 2AM Saturday night/Sunday morning in the pouring rain. Used the umbrella and base from my patio table set and put it over the WSM, and it didn't get a drop on it. Slept for 6 hours, woke up and the temp was stable at 245. Neighbors complained that they woke up at 3AM and thought their house was on fire. Oh well....they'll probably get over it.

Butts came out awesome, better than I could have imagined. Smoked for 15 hours, one on top, one on bottom, switched 'em up half way thru. Used a mop I made up on the fly that included cider vinegar, beer, water, salt, pepper, cayenne, paprika and a couple other things I threw in there and can't remember. Only had hickory because my peach and cherry shipment didn't arrive on time (came today) but it still worked out good. Mr. Brown was awesome, meat was smoky and juicy. Sent some pork in for my wife's co-workers and they raved about it. Had two sammiches for lunch, almost as good as last night.

Can't wait to smoke up again. If I keep this up I could shed my beginner status soon....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Hows everything up there in VT? I'm originally from Williston. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
When did you move?
Taft corners has really taken off and become quite the commercial haven. BestBuy, Circuit City, Home Depot, Walmart, Staples, Shaws, Hannaford, ... etc All the stores are there.

Back