what's cooking on the 4th?

Got a 12 lb. brisket on the bottom rack and 2 butts totalling 15 lbs on the top. Have been on for just over 9 hours now. Using new kingsford and hickory wood for smoke.

Two butts (about 15# total) have been on the WSM since 7 am this morning. Most of that will go into the freezer; I may cook hot dogs and burgers tomorrow to use up some of my leftover lump charcoal.
icon_smile.gif

I put some beef jerky on around 9 this morning. It's been holding steady ~148 the whole time. I used a foil packet of cherry on one side and hickory on the other half. The smell is great! I just threw on a pinky sized stick of orange.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Do you roll your ribs or use racks to fit 6 on there? I usually have to halve three racks for a total of six half racks to fit on both my grates.

2 butts approx 17 lbs total over 10 lb. brisket. Both Slathered with mustard with Butt Rub. Both butts were injected and loaded about 7:30 pm. Cooking at 235 now. Hickory and pecan.

Been doining an overnight butt (Renowned Mr. Brown). Using the new Kingsford. I started with 3/4 filled ring and about 16 lit coals (mignon method). I had to add more charcoal this morning after about 10 hours.

I have two butts on right now, trying different rub recipes (my creations) on each using oak. Hopefully they will be edible, they sure smell good already!

Danny

Delaware Bay blue crabs with clams, shrimp, burgers and dogs. My sister is having the celebration this year.

GOD BLESS AMERICA AND ALL OF OUR MILITARY TROOPS!

HAPPY 4TH EVERYONE!

I'm just doing some good old fashioned burgers, baked beans, potato salad, and some deserts for a picnic before the fireworks. I hope everyone here has a happy, safe 4th!

Inaugural cook on my brand new Weber One Touch Gold. Having hamburgers, hot dogs, and going to try some Portobello mushrooms.

My butts are at 179. Just added more water and two little pieces of pecan. Had oak on originally, and this is my first time using lump as well. I used a new rub recipe that Kevin made up for me, and I couldn't stop dipping into it before I rubbed the butts with it, very tasty indeed.

Absolutely nuthin', now. I've cooked about 200 lb of brisket, butts, chicken, and ribs for various friends/family/neighbors over the last few days. The two packers for our own get-together decided they were done about an hour ago, and the butts are in their boilin' bags reheating.

I'm looking forward to a fruit salad...
icon_wink.gif

Hope everyone has a great holiday surrounded by friends and family!

Keri C, still smokin' on Tulsa Time

Just a TriTip with Sam's Canadian Steak Rub. Gonna take the SJP over to my wife's friend's condo - she has a balcony on the sixth floor facing the Arch - and we will watch the fireworks after it gets dark.

I really like the SJP - including the fact that it is portable - I wonder why Weber has discontinued it
icon_confused.gif

I am kinda like Keri. Yesterday two butts went for record with all the kids and some friends. I am about cooked out for now. Still have a couple of kids left to feed today so rotisserie chicken gets the nod. What a way to kick up leftovers!

I cooked some cornish hens and baby back ribs on the WSM. Made some potato salad to go with it. Husband went deep sea fishing yesterday. He didn't catch much but did get a barracuda which he is now prepping to smoke with some tuna we had in the freezer.

Back