what's cooking on the 4th?

I am going all out. I am smoking a bologna. I have been staring at that on stogie's site way too long. I was in Sams the other day and they had a 5 pounder in the case and I put it on. I am going to put on a meatloaf here in another hour or so.

Pastrami
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Just finished my 1st briket. Was in the cooler for 2 1/2 hours. Wow did this thing turn out good. Way better that I expected for a 1st try.

5 slabs of ribs that I got at Meijer on sale for $1.88 per pound. I had first choice in selecting out of 30. Tried 2 fatties for the first time. One was Jimmy Dean and one was Old Folks. Jimmy D. was the clear winner but I overcooked it. Cooked the ribs on RO lump and my guru at 240. Done in 5 hours. I put the skirt meat on after that. I think I do dishes about 6 times during the cook. Used Texas BBQ rub just to try it out. Will mix my own to save $.

Originally posted by Jane Cherry:
Fifteen pounds of bone-in butt, which I paid $11.52 for. After watching American Eats marathon this morning, the BBQ segment called my husband to the freezer to get this out. It should thaw by tomorrow in H2O.

Will fire up the smoker tomorrow evening and take it off Tuesday as well. Just trying to figure out which rub I want to do. I don't have anything made here anymore.

Sides? Rita's Macaroni Salad per my husband's request, but I can't live without a slaw, so I'll make a small batch of that.

did a search for Macaroni Salad but did not see the recipe. any help?

Back