What's a good one person smoke?

Smoke whatever your heart desires. If you have leftovers, they can be frozen.

I actually try to avoid smoking small things, as I want to take advantage of the WSM's capactiy as much as possible.

If I'm alone, generally, that's when I'll experiment with something, because I don't have others to disapoint if it doesn't turn out.

Craig, you can certainly eat a rack of baby backs, can't you? When I smoke alone, that's a favourite of mine.... but then, I smoke ribs EVERY weekend
icon_biggrin.gif

Or, try a couple of turkey legs, another fav here. Luv'em!

My response wasn't too helpful in that it didn't provide any suggestions.

How about some smoked chicken wings? Leftovers there are jsut fine. Do'em high heat so you can crisp up the skin.

Can't go wrong with a butt. Use the leftovers for bunswick stew or sandwiches. While you're at it throw a chicken on there for the stew also. Probably about a billion stew recipes on this site. Perfect quick meal on a cold winter night. Stock up the freezer.

I agree with George. I would try something new like a duck, roast, eye of round, tri tip or anything else different. It is good to branch out every once in awhile.
Lance

The first smoke I did was for myself(the missus was out of town). I did a couple of turkey legs using a recipe I found on the food network website. Very yummy!

Try a dessert item! Stuffed apples (there's a recipe somewhere that includes stuffing a snickers bar in a cored out apple?), a pan of brownies (smoke and chocolate is good...pair with some port, oh yeah!), etc, etc....?

I've never done dessert on the smoker and keep meaning to, so if you do that, take pics and post!
icon_smile.gif

Rich

how do you smoke food for only one person?? i usually cook enough to last a week or more!! nothing beats left over BBQ middle of the week after work and not having to do anything but re-heat.

Back