What to Buy? Torn between Spirit and Genesis

Starting to see some indications that the 2024 Genesis updates will be available this week on Thursday. Whatever Weber's big announcement is is due to arrive in an email Tuesday, but my local Ace already has "NEW" Genesis grills on their website. The current Genesis E-325s is at $899 whilst the NEW Genesis E-325 is marked at $850. My patience might just pay off (?)

More cost cutting...... I've been less than impressed with the current models of Spirit II and genesis grills lately myself - not worth the $$$ they are charging - older models on the used market are such a better value. I couldn't bring myself to pay for a new one even IF I had the money to do so.... The quality is just not there ---- charge you alot for a 10 year warranty knowing that most people will dump them in 5-8 years anyways.

Hey everyone, I'm brand new here. Looking to upgrade from a rusty Kenmore to a reliable Weber. I have a Q that I use for camping so I at least belong here...

My budget is a grand or less. I'm giving a serious look at the Genesis 325, however my wife wants to be a little bit more budget conscious. She's really likes the Spirit 315. It's just the two of us now as our kiddo is off at college, so I really don't need the size of the Genesis, but I kind of like the looks and capabilities of the line.

For two people, mostly chicken breasts, burgers, and steaks, plus the occasional pizza smoking, what might you all recommend? I only ask that you be straight with me and back up your opinions so that I can make an informed purchase.

THANK YOU!
To address your original question. For your needs, the size of the Spirit is more than adequate. I would not get the Spirit E315 as it has no sear station. Compromise with the wife and get the Spirit E330 with sear station and side burner. You will both be more than happy. Your cheapest Genesis with sear and side burner will cost you $1100. You save about $400 with the Spirit. Weber periodically runs $30-50 off sales if you can wait.

Well, I’m happy to say that being patient appears to have paid off. The Genesis SI-E-330 is on clearance, giving me more grill accessories than was hoping for, but all at a better price than what I’d been looking at. Pulled the trigger on one today. Smoker box, Weber Crafted System thingie, and nightlights, along with a side locker, all for the same price as the 325 i was considering.

Seems to be a breeze to assemble too. Thanks and happy grilling!

Back