What mods are worth the $$$

PDay

On the subject of WSm's do most people thread there probes through the grommet or just pass them under the lid? I find threading it through the grommet after lighting, attaching the grate probe and then probing the food a but of a faff TBH.

Lewis B

TVWBB Fan
On the subject of WSm's do most people thread there probes through the grommet or just pass them under the lid? I find threading it through the grommet after lighting, attaching the grate probe and then probing the food a but of a faff TBH.
I just cut a small slot out for the probes last weekend. I had been using the grommet but my probes would fail after only a couple uses. I dont know if that is the reason for failure or not but it is much easier now. 2 cooks in so far...

Jim Strickland

TVWBB Fan
The 1st mod l did was 2 in wheels (now have 4 in) so l can from my shed to the patio with ease. Then did the grate mod for the charcoal and made the fire ring 3 in taller. Added gaskets and CB door with compression latch. Next on my list will be the lid hinge. I feel every mod l've done so far has been worth the money.

Brad Baker

TVWBB Member
18.5:
  • Foiled Brinkman pan (no water)
  • Fire ring wired to crossed coal grates
  • Slot for wires
  • Wheels
  • Lid hanger
  • ATC vent mod (below the grate)