What mods are worth the $$$

I don't have any metal cutting tools. So a $30 drill attachment from Amazon was the ticket for me. Also pretty safe for an amateur to use. Since there's no sharp blade or sparks flying. The nibbler is a power puncher rather than a cutter, and leaves a nice smooth edge.

I thought about trying to rig up some kind of compass type guide for the drill. That would probably work. But end of the day, it's just a grill cart.

Hi everyone- new member to this site- great stuff! Like many of you, I love my WSM (22.5") but I hated the door it came with. I thought about getting one of the steel version/replacements but that still wasn't quite what I was wanting. I wanted a door I could open with one hand, put in a chunk of wood and close it in one quick motion- like an actual door.. So I built this (see 3 pics below). It's a steel plate I got from a box store and I cut it to about 15.5' x 15", filed the edges smooth then slightly bent it to the curvature of the kettle and mounted it with hinges. I put the fireplace gasket around the hole inside of the door. Works awesome. No leaking smoke, holds temp better and super easy to open and close. Just thought I'd share..
1600200249275.png1600200266675.png1600200294917.png

Hi everyone- new member to this site- great stuff! Like many of you, I love my WSM (22.5") but I hated the door it came with. I thought about getting one of the steel version/replacements but that still wasn't quite what I was wanting. I wanted a door I could open with one hand, put in a chunk of wood and close it in one quick motion- like an actual door.. So I built this (see 3 pics below). It's a steel plate I got from a box store and I cut it to about 15.5' x 15", filed the edges smooth then slightly bent it to the curvature of the kettle and mounted it with hinges. I put the fireplace gasket around the hole inside of the door. Works awesome. No leaking smoke, holds temp better and super easy to open and close. Just thought I'd share..
View attachment 14167View attachment 14168View attachment 14170
Hey as long as it works for you!

View attachment 14167View attachment 14168View attachment 14170
Looks great!

WSM WSM "Classic" bought new in the Year 2008:

Gateway Rib Hanger
Hunsaker Vortex Plate
Brinkmann Charcoal Pan(replaced Weber Water Pan)

22" WSM bought new in 2016
  • Fireboard + drive + fan for ATC
  • 2nd charcoal grate
  • Cajun Bandit larger charcoal basket
  • Cajun Bandit SS door
  • Cajun Bandit larger water pan

Back