What is your secret to beautiful grill marks , grate sear marks etc?

Do you have to open the kitchen windows? I love searing proteins in the CI skillet, but it sure churns up a smoke storm!
Sorry I didn't see this sooner. I haven't had any issues with the smoke alarms and I don't get a lot of smoke from the cook, don't even turn on the exhaust fan.

Used the back side of the GrillGrates tonight for some pizza...came out good (and no, I can't shape pizza!)

I have (and really like) the Kettle Pizza Gas Pro for making pizza on my Silver B.

Most of the time, I find the backside of the GGs works better for pizza than the pizza stone. The GGs basically work the same as a baking steel does. Just have to be careful of getting the GGs too hot. Because the metal conducts the heat sooo much faster than the stone does (at the same temperature), you can burn the bottom if you're not careful.

My best pies come from getting the Gas Pro stainless steel lid and the GGs screaming hot, but then turning the burners down a bit once the pie goes on. That gets the top and bottom cooked at the same rate with some char but not burned.

Another plus is the GGs heat up a LOT faster than the pizza stone does.

Shape, schmape - those look delicious.

Our son gave us a good tip: for the final dough rise, give it a good 3 hours at room temp and it becomes much more relaxed. Then you can easily work it into any shape you want ... even round!

Hot grill, small amount of oil, DRY meat. I usually get my meat ready then into the fridge on a rack uncovered for as long as I can wait.
1622590598098.jpeg

Back