What is your favorite chicken part to grill?

No sweat, Joan. I'm not really sure how to post the link of the thread, but use the search feature and enter "Korean bbq chicken drummies" and you'll see Case's post. They're amazing, imo. (Thanks Case T!!)

Tim
I just did and the only thing that came up was your post above.

Thighs all day. When I was first introduced to BBQ, they became my go-to for poultry, especially with the local country style grocery store featuring them at .59/.79 cents/lb. often.

Whenever I make chicken fajitas, I love taking half-shredded chicken breast, and half-chicken thighs, cooked up with sliced bell peppers, peppers, onions and chipotle peppers in Adobo sauce. The flavor is ridiculous!

I have run party wings, drumsticks, and thighs at the same time with my Performer and Vortex. All better than GOOD! Thighs are often useful for eating immediately, but making more than you need immediately, and use leftovers for stirfry, or even reheat for another meal. Chicken parts and the Vortex is a near unbeatable combination!

Keep on smokin',
Dale53 :wsm:

DH likes to cook extra also. Sometimes they make good chicken salad, and sometimes.........( like the left overs from last night, we shall see today. lol)

I love doing full chicken on the rotis or beer can.

But on the grill.. it's bone-in thigh. For ages it was bone-in, skin-on. A crispy skin is decadent. But once the skin is gone, so is all the seasoning on the skin side. Can't really season under thigh skin, it just falls off.

Back