What is best controller for WSM?

Love my FireBoard drive 2. Yeah the WSM doesn’t take much work but it’s awesome to set up ribs and leave them for 3 hours while I play some video games, and then only have to spritz an hour. Best of both worlds
I have a DigiQ DX2 & DX3, though I only ever use the 2. I monitor my pit and meat with a ThermoWorks Smoke and Gateway. I was looking at the Fireboard 2 a few days ago as an all in one. You guys have convinced me to look again. Thank you.

It’s not always readily available.
LOL, as I say, use the gear to help you get started and eventually adapt and adjust to the physical feel of the protein you are BBQ-ing. Especially for someone who is a noobie like myself, I'm scared ****less of ruining an expensive cut of meat. But now that I have over a handful of cooks under my belt, I'm more confident of handling the smoker!

I use IQ 110 as well. I was looking for a magnet goose neck or similar to hang my 110 as well as my Smoke 2 while cooking. Have you seen anything that works?
I just have a milk crate I use. I have a tupperware container with holes cut into it that I can put the controller in in case it rains. Which has come in handy many times. I also have a Thermoworks smoke i sometimes use. There is plenty of room on the milk crate for gadgets

I know I am late to this party (thread), but I love my Thermoworks Signals. The Signals was a Christmas present to myself. The ability to monitor the pit via phone app or computer is a big plus for me, also I love that I can download data and graph the cook. I strongly considered the Smoke X; nice picture John K. I just added the Billows (20% sale) and now looking for a day above 35 degrees to try it. I did a months worth of searching and online reviews before making my decision. On the chopping block were Smoke X and FireBoard 2 (with and without Drive). Both strong contenders, in my opinion.
What sold me was repeated reviews stating Thermoworks was the experts on temperature equipment and I have a Thermapen Mk4.

I have a FireBoard 2 Drive with their new fan and have not been disappointed, system works well and launched me into the Smoking BBQ world at a very comfortable pace, great system. Be happy to answer any questions you might have about it.
Does the FireBoard blower attach to the WSM ok? Do I need to purchase an adapter? Thank you

I have a FireBoard 2 Drive with their new fan and have not been disappointed, system works well and launched me into the Smoking BBQ world at a very comfortable pace, great system. Be happy to answer any questions you might have about it.
Hi Duc,
Are you still happy with this setup a year later? I am in the market and this is on the top of my list.

Thank you

On the fence between a WSM or an electric smoker. What is the best controller system for the WSM? I found the Fireboard 2 system which looks promising. Looking for PID control with a fan to control temps.
My question is What are you trying to accomplish with the temp control system

What would the perfect controller help you accomplish?

Monitoring grill temps Extending time? Monitoring meat etc?

Has anyone tried the Auber SYL-3615?? I have not been able to find any reviews online, but the 1615 was a workhorse for me back in the day and 2615 has received great reviews. Thanks!

I use iq 110 Easy and simple to use Dennis I made this simple gooseneck to hold it

Attachments

• A5B2A461-EB8A-4098-9253-1F2B701C63F1.png
    A5B2A461-EB8A-4098-9253-1F2B701C63F1.png
    838.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 7070931B-E4E6-4F69-A016-67722F05581C.png
    7070931B-E4E6-4F69-A016-67722F05581C.png
    758.6 KB · Views: 31
Duc,

I’m looking at the Fireboard 2 and their fan. Can you let me know what else I need from them? They mentioned a nozzle kit. Also it doesn’t say but do you have to drill any holes? I have a WSM 22.

Thank you.

Bill

Duc,

I’m looking at the Fireboard 2 and their fan. Can you let me know what else I need from them? They mentioned a nozzle kit. Also it doesn’t say but do you have to drill any holes? I have a WSM 22.

Thank you.

Bill

Back