What High Heat Paint do you use on Your Firebox?

Samuel,
Yes, the Satin on the Fire Box and the High Heat Ultra on the End Caps are a good combo.

I don't think Rustoleum offers the Ultra in a 1 quart can. The regular High heat is offered but that is much too gray for my liking.

The only paint I had issues with is the Krylon High Heat. I used it on my Junior Cook Box and it's flaking off. The Box was lightly sanded and prepped like all my other restores. Who knows, maybe I got a bad batch of paint.
I will redo it with Stove Brite over the Winter months.

Jeff
Samuel,
Yes, the Satin on the Fire Box and the High Heat Ultra on the End Caps are a good combo.

I don't think Rustoleum offers the Ultra in a 1 quart can. The regular High heat is offered but that is much too gray for my liking.

The only paint I had issues with is the Krylon High Heat. I used it on my Junior Cook Box and it's flaking off. The Box was lightly sanded and prepped like all my other restores. Who knows, maybe I got a bad batch of paint.
I will redo it with Stove Brite over the Winter months.

Jeff
Jeff,

The metal cover with the opening to light the grill manually, do you match the FB, the frame, or the end caps? I have 2000 that I'm going to paint the end caps with Ultra High Heat (same as frame) and the FB in the High Heat Satin.

Joe

Jon.
This is a picture of my 1988 Junior model. This was before I took it apart and repainted the box. If you look at the Cook Box which was never painted it was definitely not of the flat variety, but more like the new 13 bar box I pictured above.

GUY8mnk.jpg

Jeff
Jeff, whered you find this? I just found out today they existed, is there supposed to be a shelf on the left?

Bobby,
I found that specific grill from Michigan. It is a extremely clean 1988 model.
They did not come with a side shelf.
Jeff

Last edited:
Yeah, those handles are one of the oddities of the Jr.

I have seen where some people have modded one adding a narrow shelf on the left.

Back