What do you think of this.....

That guy is full of crap. Clearly a vegan…..

I like how he says the New York strip is occasionally attached to the t bone….well no genius, it’s ALWAYS attached until cut off and packaged. Moron

Comes down to knowledge about HOW. Sous vide (for example). So many cuts can be totally transformed. The "cheap" roasts, cooked at 140 for 36 hours turns into an amazing thing...

To put it mildly, I disagree with Mr. Christopher J. Teuton, whomever he may be.

But just to play devil's advocate...what if the article had been written by a well-respected chef? Or Alton Brown? Or someone who has a huge Youtube following? Would our reactions be the same?

I've watched a lot of Alton brown and I think he would approach it differently. I think he would focus on each cut, highlight how not to cook it badly and explain why it matters, and then describe ways to successfully cook each of the cuts.

Its easy to complain or say something sucks, but taking something that may not be your first choice like a filet steak or a tenderloin or a rib steak and knowing how and showing how to make it shine takes someone at the next level.

Last edited:
To put it mildly, I disagree with Mr. Christopher J. Teuton, whomever he may be.

But just to play devil's advocate...what if the article had been written by a well-respected chef? Or Alton Brown? Or someone who has a huge Youtube following? Would our reactions be the same?
Yep. I don’t care for any “big name” chef. They just don’t tickle me

Yes indeed Rich! The only one of those I’ve had any real problem with is the eye of round! They are just not worth the effort!
Eye of round is a great cut for making jerky, corned beef or pastrami. Even good to mix with brisket fat for burger meat. Other than that, I'm with you.

I'd wonder what the "big name chef" was smoking.

Ha ha.
I could find it in me to read all his dribble.
I like the ones he says to stay away from.
I must be lacking his kind of sophistication 🕺.

I just saw a video on eye of round.
Sam the cook guy showed how to make delicious looking roast beef sliders out of it.
It is roast beef right?

Eye of round is a great cut for making jerky, corned beef or pastrami. Even good to mix with brisket fat for burger meat. Other than that, I'm with you.
I've made some of the most moist potroasts out of eye of round, I've also had them as tender cuts of steak when handled correctly. It's a great cut of meat. On top of that, when it's the same cut but off of a whitetail it is better yet. I know a couple guys at work who literally cried when they found out their wives used it to make soup not knowing what I was.

It's all in how you handle, prepare it for, and cook it my friends.

The author claims to have once been a chef. He now attempts yo produce or create video games.
I rest my case.

Back