What do you guys think about this grill?

Michael Richards

TVWBB Emerald Member
I have been looking for a used Q3200, and I am not in any rush so I am not sure about this. As I was searching I saw this today. What do you guys think about seeing if this grill is still available vs. letting it pass and keep looking for a Q3200?

Screenshot_20210414-103327.png

Screenshot_20210414-103342.png

Great little grills and actually more versatile than the Q series in some ways. If it's all there you can't go wrong for $75

Silver A is a nice small footprint grill. For your future hunting.

Bonus points if you get one that has the left side flip up table, the full rack underneath, and a red or other colored lid.

Like this.

Silver A's pop up around here quite often from free to $200. I would not pay over $50 for one myself, but they are good grills and if you don't want big, they are a great little grill that can still cook big steaks. If you like the Q3xx, those are great as well. It just depends on your tastes really.

They NEVER turn up around here for anything near that kind of deal. People think they are worth $250+! I got super lucky with my 1000, the guy had left it on Craigslist for a month, listed for $40 I got it for $20. Then, I met Bruce....

See? He’s doing it again!
But, really he helped me a lot, guiding me through pretty much every thing that required more knowledge than I had. Would I do it as a hobby? No!
Will I do some restoration on my wife’s sons twin to mine? Yep! Watch for emails Bruce! Not right away but soon.

Last edited:
Great little grill. Love how easy they are to move around. Doesn’t get as hot as a three burner, so probably skip the pizza, but otherwise you’re good.

Great little grill. Love how easy they are to move around. Doesn’t get as hot as a three burner, so probably skip the pizza, but otherwise you’re good.
Gets every bit a hot as a 3 burner. Think power to weight ratio. Used to have one and it got every bit as hot as my 3 burner Genesis

Yah, you can find a 3 burner that has trouble hitting 500 just as often and you can see that in a 2 burner. If a Silver A is working well and is clean, it should have no problem doing some serious grilling.

Interesting. Will have to look into that. My Skyline two burner couldn’t crisp a pizza like my 2000 does.

Then something is wrong with it. I had 2 of them here. Gave them both away. One to my buddy's kid and the other to a good friend in our church small group

Back