What do you guys think about this grill?

Yeah, I want a small footprint gasser that can support my primary cooker my kettle. I was really thinking Q3200. What other grills should I be concerning to search for used?

Tell us why you were thinking of a Q.

Because it is portable? Because you want to put it away in the garage when not in use? Would you put it on a stand?

While a Q is a really nice grill, if it is just going to sit on a stand on your patio, a Silver A/B sidewinder or a Spirit is about the same size footprint. Lots of those available used for little money.

Because it is portable? Because you want to put it away in the garage when not in use? Would you put it on a stand?

While a Q is a really nice grill, if it is just going to sit on a stand on your patio, a Silver A/B sidewinder or a Spirit is about the same size footprint. Lots of those available used for little money.
A Q3XXX series has half the footprint with the shelves down. Very easy to clean, gets over 500 no problem very quickly, and never rusts.

I am looking for a Q with the stand and would keep it on the stand. Not looking to take it anywhere more then into the car port when not in use and then the 10 yards walk through the breezeway and onto the back patio. I was thinking Q3200 because of not being very big and having such a great reputation from what I have read here on the site. Few parts, a body that will last forever, and a small footprint.
I am looking for a gasser for those fast meals as our life slowly and I mean slowly starts to regain busyness after a year of isolation, and to help as a searing station/ third cooker for bigger cooks. I still plan to use my kettle as my primary grill and any cook I have enough time to fire it up. I have a small grilling area and I move my kettle and WSM around a lot and like to stick them in the carport when bad weather arises.
When I saw this Genesis Silver A today, I think it open me up to other ideas options, which is were I am at right now. From reading here I know I would want east to west burners, I would make sure it is a grill that doesn't have rust tendencies, and grates, flavorbars, burning tubes and starter are in good shape. But beyond that I am looking to you guys.

I think they are both appealing options. The big Q has a lot of capability, easy to clean - if you stay on it - and will reward you with great results if you do. The almost zero rust possibility can be a very big factor depending on your climate. These are pretty powerful and very good cookers. Kept clean they have minimal flare ups, and the tighy spaced cast iron grates deliver great sear marks.

8C49CBA9-BE4C-4F30-8AF3-911165F5D45F.jpeg
I am currently cooking on a custom Skyline Silver A where I merged an older Skyline hood with a very last year Silver A body with closed cabinetry. I can attest that, to my surprise, this two burner can quickly get up to very high heat as easily as a 3-burner. I enjoy grilling on it much more than I expected.

9DABB8BE-226B-49C8-B617-5E624DC1015E.jpeg

I think they are both appealing options. The big Q has a lot of capability, easy to clean - if you stay on it - and will reward you with great results if you do. The almost zero rust possibility can be a very big factor depending on your climate. These are pretty powerful and very good cookers. Kept clean they have minimal flare ups, and the tighy spaced cast iron grates deliver great sear marks.

View attachment 25994
I am currently cooking on a custom Skyline Silver A where I merged an older Skyline hood with a very last year Silver A body with closed cabinetry. I can attest that, to my surprise, this two burner can quickly get up to very high heat as easily as a 3-burner. I enjoy grilling on it much more than I expected.

View attachment 25993
I second everything Jon just said about the Q320x. Jon, that skyline is really really nice! If you do get a Q3XXX and move it around a lot, you may want to look up my mod for adding 2 retractable workbench wheels on it. Having 4 wheels really helps moving it around and my biggest gripe with it.

My Q-320 was my first Weber, it’s a handy grill, good size and looks great for being 10 years old.
I use it mostly for veggies these days, the tight spacing on the grates make it so easy to do some killer asparagus.

Last edited:
Yah, I am thinking the Q3xx is your best bet from what you say. I was going to have you look at something like one of the newer two burner spirit grills with the fold down side tables. You get a good size gasser but a very small footprint with the shelves down. But, the problem is, they are all front control grill and hence, the N/S burners. So, that leads me to recommend the Q3xx like everyone else and do consider the mod that Joe mentions if you are thinking about moving around as much/far as you seem to intend to do.

I have all three sizes of Q grills and three different models of Genesis as well. They each have a use in my rotation. If I could have only one gas grill though, the Q3200 would be it. It is easy on fuel, heats up fast and hot, has tight spacing on the grates, will not rust, minimal parts to replace and since it is still being sold, the parts will be available for years to come. It is a pain to move without four wheels and that might be a deal breaker for you if you move it a lot.

Attach files
I have all three sizes of Q grills and three different models of Genesis as well. They each have a use in my rotation. If I could have only one gas grill though, the Q3200 would be it. It is easy on fuel, heats up fast and hot, has tight spacing on the grates, will not rust, minimal parts to replace and since it is still being sold, the parts will be available for years to come. It is a pain to move without four wheels and that might be a deal breaker for you if you move it a lot.
20201104_112218.jpg20201104_112239.jpg

Ok, I am sold on a Q3200, I will keep the search going, I really think it is the right grill for me and your great guidance had reinforced that thought.

Good man. If you keep your eyes open, you can find a good one for under $100 or even less, but it might need some new grates or burners.

Back