What do you do when you run out of bacon?

Timothy F. Lewis

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Aside from cry!
But, yesterday after I made up a boat load of “Pig wings“ to freeze to take to the cottage and after rolling up two pounds of bacon, I had some leftover tenderloin. Since I’m on the “use it up” stage prior to a getaway I seasoned up the bits and broke out the skewers!
I’d say all in all, pretty darned good!
IMG_0672.jpeg

Never happen here when I get down to under five pounds, I make some more. Always at least three slabs of pork belly (one belly cut in thirds) in the freezer.

Aside from cry!
But, yesterday after I made up a boat load of “Pig wings“ to freeze to take to the cottage and after rolling up two pounds of bacon, I had some leftover tenderloin. Since I’m on the “use it up” stage prior to a getaway I seasoned up the bits and broke out the skewers!
I’d say all in all, pretty darned good!
View attachment 74523
Run out of bacon? I make a habit of not doing that. When we get down to 3 or 4 lbs. it goes on the shopping list.

I didn’t actually run out but, there wasn’t enough tenderloin for an additional pound so, I left the reserve bacon in the freezer…this time.

Timmothy

Not sure what Pig wings are, put that plate of food wouldn't last long around here.
DDDeliciousness.... <<<<<
Bacon and butter I never run out of....

I've never run out of gas in a vehicle and I've never run out of bacon.

IF it ever happened, I'd probably scare the neighbors with a raucous string of profanity. :eek:

I MIGHT get kicked off this forum for asking this question, but, any other MAPLE BACON lovers here?

I ran out of gas on the way to the pump! ONCE! Only once! It was a new car and I was sure I was almost out, I was halfway across the parking lot and “Elvis” ran out! I was pretty mad at myself

Back