What Do You Cook Indoors When Weather Is Too Bad To BBQ?

Ray, it's as I suspected. The old saying of "the way to a man's heart is through his stomach" seems to work both ways. She obviously liked your cooking well enough to marry you. One of the world's greatest compliments. A smart lady, with good taste!

Merry Christmas to you two and to all the good folks here too!

Rita

Wow, I did not anticipate so many responses. Thanks for the suggestions. We did get hit with a lot of snow, sleet, wind and finally rain yesterday. When I said "weather is too bad to BBQ", I meant without having made preparations to block the wind or maybe insulating the WSM.

Originally posted by John Vale:
Wow, I did not anticipate so many responses. Thanks for the suggestions. We did get hit with a lot of snow, sleet, wind and finally rain yesterday. When I said "weather is too bad to BBQ", I meant without having made preparations to block the wind or maybe insulating the WSM.
Here's some pics of the Nor Easter cook. Click on em to see them full size. WSM all decked out and dry.
And they never woke up.
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by John Vale:
John - I was too hard on you. I probably would have stayed inside with weather like that.

Jim

I haven't read the whole thread yet (bed time for me). But incase no one has mentioned it:

A couple of weeks ago I was watching "America's Test Kitchen" which comes on PBS here. I really like that cooking show because supposedly they'll try cooking something 100+ different ways to figure out what works best. And, they explain things while cooking much better than any other cooking show I've seen.

This show a couple of weeks ago had "indoor ribs". They were trying to figure out how to make ribs indoors that tasted like smoked ribs out-doors.

The problem they had was that at the oven temps needed to cook the ribs, they had a hard time finding anything that would provide smoke (without burning or such).

Interestingly enough - they used tea leaves (I forget the type they use). I have it on the PVR and I've been meaning to try it out of curiousity.

Here is where the link was. I haven't bothered to sign up for the "free 14 day trial membership" to see the recipe:
http://www.cooksillustrated.com/login.asp?name=&did=501...orm=recipe&iseason=0

Here's a real crowd pleaser for ya:

Slice two each yelloe squash and green squash
Slice and dice one eggplant
Slice one red onion
Slice two large portabella mushrooms

now take a large pot and put some extra virgin olive oil in the bottom of the pot and heat,
add the sliced red onions then follow that up with the squashes and eggplant. While that is cooking down some on a medium heat, take a frying pan and brown diced pork meat(one pound will work just fine) while browning, season with garlic salt black pepper, a dash of cayenne pepper, and some Italian seasoning. After seasoning add some sliced red onions to this as well(for additional flavoring)add some worschester sauce to taste. Once the pork is browned add the pork to the vegetables that you have been cooking. Now take a baking dish or pan and lightly coat with PAM, add the entire mixture after mixing them all together into the pan. sprinkle parmesean cheese over the top, spread the sliced portabellas over the dish and cover in you favorite cheese sliced about 1/4" and place into a pre-heated oven at 350 and cook for 30 minutes. Enjoy...

Back