what do u use for LIGHT

julian

the sun is going down at 8pm now in toronto and i tend to finish my cooking sometimes late as 11pm.

i cannot do the Rib Pull Test and still hold a flashlight.

too many bugs so wife wont even come out to hold it. (now no jokes about this line)

what do u guys doo
if this was answered before i couldnt find it - please point me in that direction

thanks

I have the small 2 cell AA Mag lite I hold in my mouth ! hey it works and is easy to do and won't break if you drop it and there cheap enough
icon_biggrin.gif

For working by the door adding coal I have one a those flash lights that turns in to a tripod forget who makes it but works great u can set it on the ground and angle one of the 3 lights about anyplace you need it . There about $25.00 and if need be it turns in to 3 indepedent flash lights and its easy on batterys also . Uses AA . stanley 3 way led flashlight

If I need to land planes I just turn on all the floods in the backyard and wake up the neighborhood
icon_biggrin.gif

I have one of those adjustable Makita flashlights with the rechargeable battery. I set it on the table near the grill and it lights up the subject.

I use a little LED headlamp that I also use for running. About $25 new at a running store or $10 new on ebay.

My patio light is pretty sufficient, but like Guy, I've got one of those little Mag lights. It's been through a war zone (literally). Those littler buggers stand up to anything.

I go with these. The head lamp is$15 at amazon. Kind of weird the first few times you use it, but you get used to it. The other one is about $8 at HomeDepot

411OW9JvieL._AA300_.jpg

b87f7e9b-e6e2-4e68-817d-7a4f6651cecf_300.jpg

I have my WSM set-up near my garage.

When I need auxilliary light, I set this baby in my open garage door.

http://www.harborfreight.com/g...hop-light-40123.html

It folds-up for storage
throws PLENTY of light
Dual heads minimize shadows
the stand telescopes, so I can set it high enough

You just have to set it up somewhere where you will not trip over it or burn yourself. The heads get H-O-T !

Also useful for indoor painting projects and for working on the car. No home should be without one!

Been using one of these for almost 10 years at about 5 different houses and even more grills. Its probably the thing that's most improved my bbq abilities. If u can't see what your doing then its getting to close to guess work and probably not turning out the best. I've been thru 3 of em but like I said I've had to move with em too.
75d8eabd-6902-4291-aca8-1693dada09c8_300.jpg

Another vote for the headlamp.

In addition to grilling in the dark, they come in handy during camping, power outages, working on a car, working under a sink, etc. They also make great stocking stuffers for kids.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim Lampe:
I'm ready...
equinoxFull.jpg
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Know wonder there is so much light in by bedroom window.
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_wink.gif

Back