What are your top 3 or 4 BBQ sides?

If you haven't had cornbread salad you need to, there are a lot of variations out there but I prefer the mayo as binder and skip the pickle juice, a pone of cornbread chopped up, mayo bacon bits cheese red and yellow peppers diced fine, tomato's peeled if you feel fancy or not diced small, onions diced small or green , boiled eggs chopped fine. This goes great with anything, it takes a bit to dice everything but it's well worth it imo. it will suck up the mayo so have plenty on hand, the more bacon and cheese the mo better it is lol. Let it blend flavors for a few hours or over night

If you haven't had cornbread salad you need to, there are a lot of variations out there but I prefer the mayo as binder and skip the pickle juice, a pone of cornbread chopped up, mayo bacon bits cheese red and yellow peppers diced fine, tomato's peeled if you feel fancy or not diced small, onions diced small or green , boiled eggs chopped fine. This goes great with anything, it takes a bit to dice everything but it's well worth it imo. it will suck up the mayo so have plenty on hand, the more bacon and cheese the mo better it is lol. Let it blend flavors for a few hours or over night
I have been tempted by several recipes for cornbread salad, but have never gotten around to making it.
Your description sounds divine - I'm gonna make it a point to try that this summer!

My top 3 sides for BBQ would be potato salad, homemade tangy coleslaw, and a salad I make that has cherry tomatoes, cucumber, shallot, garlic, basil, bocconcini balls, S&P, and a sweet and tangy vinaigrette.

Coleslaw
Mac n Cheese
BBQ baked beans
Fried okra

I also like to smoke whole potatoes and then cut them up and add melted butter and salt and pepper. Any leftovers get mashed into smoked mash potatoes the next day.

Smoked cream cheese is another interesting one. Just sprinkle rub on the whole block and put it on a piece of aluminum foil in the smoker.

Back