What are you smoking for the apocalypse?

J Hasselberger

TVWBB Pro
Since the world is scheduled to end in a ball of fire this Friday, I'm thinking of going out with a barbecue bang. Does anyone know how long it would take to smoke a 15lb. packer cut brisket at 4000°F?

Jeff

Well since you're doing the Myron way, you need to inject the **** out of it so it doesn't dry out during the cooking process & it'd probably be done before you even started :wsm:

no plans for friday. just gonna do it all on christmas. i have it from high authority that we will still be around. thats what my wife says and i'm stickin with that

Good luck with the high heat brisket. One of the best briskets I ever made was in my early days as a WSM owner a bunch of years ago. I was definitely still learning at the time. I was making a flat using the smoked and oven finished procedures that Chris has here on the site. I couldn’t get the temp under control and the thing was screaming the entire time around 350 or so often spiking even higher since my WSM was new and hardly even seasoned at the time. Found out later that I had the lid cocked and it never sealed. It was done way ahead of schedule and I held it over the recommended four hours in the cooler wrapped in foil with some apple juice because I was making it for our son who was coming home from a road trip. To this day I have never figured out between all the screw up how to repeat it. LOL

I can't smoke anything in my bunker....LOL.... Wife wants pork chops so that what I'm grilling :)

I am ordered to bring ABT's for Friday for "testing" for an upcoming party. I know they are awesome, and have reassured the girls for the party. I think they just want some good eating before the party. And believe that we will all be happy with the result!

Back