What are you all cooking on Super Bowl Sunday?

Brian Thomas

TVWBB Pro
I was planning on doing pork shish kababs, grilled yukon gold potatos and ABT's, but while at Wally World yesterday they were out of both jalapenos and boneless pork shoulder country ribs. At times I just hate Wal Mart! They ALWAYS seem to be out of at least one item I need. I try to avoid shopping there as much as possible but yesterday was unavoidable.

So after talking about the menu yesterday with my wife I shifted to plan B.

Smoked salmon instead of pork shish kababs, and the rest of the menu remains the same. I'll have to go to Grocery Outlet for jalapenos but they should have them. We're going to make some hummus dip and maybe cook up some of those little smokies sausages as well.

As for the game. I'm a big Niners fan so go Pats!

Glad I'm not the only one to have to drive across town for that one last ingredient they were out of. Go Pats for sure. ABT's and hot dogs.

Edit... Scratched the hot dogs. While at the store getting stuff for the ABT's, I spotted a small sirloin tip roast, about 3 pounds. Am smoking that now along with the ABT's.

Last edited:
I'm doin a brisket that should be done around 1:30 ... Perfect for game time ... Ive got no skin in the game ... Dislike pats and Hawks ... Just looking for a competitive game!

I'm doing Weber's latest recipe of the week. Sweet and spicy wings and some sliders. I don't know anybody who really cares about the game,other than it's the last one of the season,so it's just me and a buddy watching tonight. Pammi will probably watch the national anthem,then she'll head upstairs to read.

I'm doing Weber's latest recipe of the week. Sweet and spicy wings and some sliders. I don't know anybody who really cares about the game,other than it's the last one of the season,so it's just me and a buddy watching tonight. Pammi will probably watch the national anthem,then she'll head upstairs to read.

In addition to the stuff l mentioned when starting this thread, I'm doing a recipe for grilled red bell peppers that I saw on the Virtual Weber Gas Grill part of this board. Figured might as well have a good dinner tonight since our oldest boy (he's 7 1/2) requested that he wanted hot dogs for dinner tomorrow night :rolleyes:

Well its Super Bowl Monday here- doing my first ever brisket (Flat), in the mini. We will tape the game and some friends will be around this evening to watch the contest, and dinner, Have a great day!

I have San Marzano tomatoes and Vidalia onions on for the sauce. I have some football shaped meatballs to go under the sauce which will be topped with cheese in cast iron. Then, we have some garlic peperoni knots. Some grilled Kielbasa and Kolbasz with crackers. A veggie tray. Some bacon wrapped smokies and some bruschetta.

Last edited:
Barb and I both have the flu, so it's some Brats simmered in beer and onions and some tater tots. That's all I have the energy for.

Oh, there was a game yesterday? I must have missed it. Lots of parties were canceled around here with 19.3" of snow for the day.

Back