Well the weather outside is frightful...

GrantT

TVWBB Pro
...but the BBQ's delightful!

Last warm'ish evening ( -4C ) before we head into an ugly cold snap....going to be -30C and worse in the next week. Thought I would get a last grill in before it hits. As cold-tempered as I am, about -15C approaches my limit for enjoyable outdoor cooking! Was craving some chicken wings (and only had a dozen on hand), so tossed on some brat's too to supplement!

1640138418341.png

1640138458254.png

Hehe....yes - good eye there @Colin

Actually looking at a home-made vortex - I cut the bottom off a stainless steel bowl with a cut-off wheel, and yes, it does do some great wings.

I don't actually know why (never thought about it much TBH) but I always just tend to veer toward my (again, home made) SnS clone setup. I find the wings almost as good as the "true" vortex setup, but the drip-tray setup much easier with the SnS. Also, since our most common cooks are steaks, chops, fish, shrimp etc, whenever I am not smoking I usually have it set up this way and don't have to reconfigure things... I just dump a chimney of lump/briquettes in the SnS side and go. Cranks up to 500 and all is good.

...in other words...yeah, I'm just lazy.

Always give the worst job to the laziest person...they'll always find the easiest way to get it done!

Back