Well after the holiday cookathon is anyone smoken ?

Guy Wallace

TVWBB Super Fan
Is anyone fireing up there WSM's this weekend ? I know a lot of us just got finished with a lot a smoken !
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Iam going to do a couple turkey brest on Saturday ! But other than that the grill is gona get most a the work for a while . I need steak chicken burgers and pizza shrimp I know Friday nights dinner a be Talapia and shrimp with lime and my wifes rub and Saturday a be pizza on the grill and Sunday turkey brest from the smoker that I do on saturday .
icon_biggrin.gif

Its just to hot to cook inside ! Besides we prefer smoked and grilled foods as Iam sure most if not all of you folks do .

I know I need to post the rub my wife came up with for fish promise I will her rub sprinkled on after squezing lime on is killer.

To hot for us to eat today so when I got home from bowling tonight I made a brisket sub gads I love brisket .

I am planning on doing 6 racks of St Louis and about 10lbs of chicken wings. I think I might be the only person on this forum who didnt do any smoking over the fourth. I actually let someone else do the cooking during the holiday weekend. I smoked and grilled a bunch the weekend before.

I am going to do my 1st HH brisket, Sunday. Hope for the best. This is a trial run for a week from Fri when I do Brisket and ribs for 20-25 folks away from home.

Mark

I just pulled my first butt off about an hour ago. Oh man is it good. It's just a little 3#r I wanted to try before doing a 10#r. She ran a little hot but I'm still breaking her in. I'll at least be doing a whole chicken this weekend and will probably try the hog apple beans recipe too.

haven't done a pork butt in awhile, so stopping at the store on the way home and will throw it on first thing in the morning!

Back