Week 13. Niners v Eagles

Brett-EDH

TVWBB Hall of Fame
1701207420203.png

What shall I cook for this week's game?

Thinking of Philly cheesesteaks, or meatball parm sandos, or grilled sausage peppers and onions sandos.

Either way, looking forward to a good, if not great game. Been looking forward all season to this matchup.

Grab a super lean cut........I forget what I used last...inside round?????? I would have to check.....
Go for
Italian beef sandwich with au jus
Cooked just right......and under a tad......cooled, sliced thin, warmed back up in the au jus, and served on a hoagie of some sort with sauteed veggies and of course the dip!

Grab a super lean cut........I forget what I used last...inside round?????? I would have to check.....
Go for
Italian beef sandwich with au jus
Cooked just right......and under a tad......cooled, sliced thin, warmed back up in the au jus, and served on a hoagie of some sort with sauteed veggies and of course the dip!
interesting but not a jus fan. i hate wet bread.

another option is birria tacos. smoked and then simmered beef or chicken in an assorted chilis sauce, with the meat and fixins placed in a corn tortilla, then grilled and dipped in the consume. crunchy, tasty and juicy.

keep the suggestions coming. seeking to expand my horizons here.

Had killer birria recently....pictures would look like wet tacos, tastes like heaven.
Smoked meatballs are a nice treat too.......it's tricky as I like a nice char on the outside in a sammie.

The ole WSK does a killer job at wings which is a good game meal.
I put the fire in the bottom, probably doesn't matter.....a bit of foil to protect the wings and I cook them hot, right around 600 creates excellent colour.

Texas twinkies????
Not my thing but it's different.....you also need left over frozen pre cooked beef.......not something everyone has.

Last edited:
You could also do these with chicken.
Or

View attachment 82814

Thinking of Philly cheesesteaks, or meatball parm sandos, or grilled sausage peppers and onions sandos.

Either way, looking forward to a good, if not great game. Been looking forward all season to this matchup.
All good choices, but the "real" Philly sandwich is a roast pork sandwich...blows away the cheesesteak. With your skills, you'd nail it.

Had killer birria recently....pictures would look like wet tacos, tastes like heaven.
Smoked meatballs are a nice treat too.......it's tricky as I like a nice char on the outside in a sammie.

The ole WSK does a killer job at wings which is a good game meal.
I put the fire in the bottom, probably doesn't matter.....a bit of foil to protect the wings and I cook them hot, right around 600 creates excellent colour.

Texas twinkies????
Not my thing but it's different.....you also need left over frozen pre cooked beef.......not something everyone has.
Birria, yes. Texas Twinkies, too heavy for us. We've lightened up the diet over the past year or so. Red meat only occasionally. Some pork, but mostly chicken and fish these days and grilled veggies. Note, my meatballs are white and dark meat ground chicken; oven baked with a nice hard crust on the outside and moist and tender on the inside.

You could also do these with chicken.
Or
I have pork loin Osso Bucco on my cook list coming up. Braciola does sound real good though. TY for those.

I was there a few weeks back. Game-changer, imho. Imho you would kill this, Brett.

THIS: vvvvvvvvvvvvv

Porco’s Porchetteria

Philly knows pork sandwiches, but the Roman-style tenderness of the juicy, herb-scented meat from this Washington Avenue sandwich shop and bakery is already in the city’s pig elite, accented by the shattering crunch of a sheet of crackling tucked inside. Try it Philly-Cubano style with pickled giardiniera, Gruyère, and grain mustard aioli on a toasty house-baked ciabatta or in a more classic Philly style with rapini pesto and sharp provolone.

📍2204 Washington Ave., 🌐 smallovenpastryshop.com, 📷 @porcosphilly, 🕑 Wed.-Sun, 10 a.m.-6 p.m., 🚗 delivery via Caviar and through website

The Cubano sandwich from Porco's Porchetteria layers herb-roasted pork and cracklings with whole grain mustard aioli, house giardiniera and Gruyere cheese on a ciabatta baked in-house by the Small Oven Pastry Shop.

The Cubano sandwich from Porco's Porchetteria layers herb-roasted pork and cracklings with whole grain mustard aioli, house giardiniera and Gruyere cheese on a ciabatta baked in-house by the Small Oven Pastry Shop.Read moreJames Narog / Bondfire Media

Knowing you're a niners fan, and you're about to play the Eagles... some sort of poultry or fowl seems appropriate to me. As a KC fan, I think we ate some wings during the last superbowl. I guess maybe my supper-stitioun's were getting the best of me but it seemed to work out.

Then again, watching this last night made be crave some birria. I know whatever you make is gonna be awesome. Hope you share some pics!

THIS: vvvvvvvvvvvvv

Porco’s Porchetteria

Philly knows pork sandwiches, but the Roman-style tenderness of the juicy, herb-scented meat from this Washington Avenue sandwich shop and bakery is already in the city’s pig elite, accented by the shattering crunch of a sheet of crackling tucked inside. Try it Philly-Cubano style with pickled giardiniera, Gruyère, and grain mustard aioli on a toasty house-baked ciabatta or in a more classic Philly style with rapini pesto and sharp provolone.

📍2204 Washington Ave., 🌐 smallovenpastryshop.com, 📷 @porcosphilly, 🕑 Wed.-Sun, 10 a.m.-6 p.m., 🚗 delivery via Caviar and through website

The Cubano sandwich from Porco's Porchetteria layers herb-roasted pork and cracklings with whole grain mustard aioli, house giardiniera and Gruyere cheese on a ciabatta baked in-house by the Small Oven Pastry Shop.'s Porchetteria layers herb-roasted pork and cracklings with whole grain mustard aioli, house giardiniera and Gruyere cheese on a ciabatta baked in-house by the Small Oven Pastry Shop.

The Cubano sandwich from Porco's Porchetteria layers herb-roasted pork and cracklings with whole grain mustard aioli, house giardiniera and Gruyere cheese on a ciabatta baked in-house by the Small Oven Pastry Shop.Read moreJames Narog / Bondfire Media

That sammie hands down looks to die for........I would change the bread out to something a bit different personally.....ciabatta is a texture that is not my favourite and is a tougher chew.......you can make that and then make wings at the same time......or I mean wings right after the pork is done....
If smoking use the bottom like normal. Stoke it to hot, add the foil for the wing protection and in about 30 minutes while preparing the sammies you have killer hot wings.
This will make you look like a game day champ in front of your company.
Don't forget the chips..........hahaha...seriously though, pepperoncini is a touch I admire.
Oh and the 3 or 4 carrot sticks cause you know veggies.

Last edited:
Well if the 49'rs & Eagle game turns out like it did last year in the playoffs. Maybe you could fix a little Humble Pie for desert. LOL
Besides the best game of the day will be my Broncos taking out the Texans. If we can make the playoffs I wouldn't want to play the Broncos.
Sean Payton is the real deal. He does more with less than any coach in the league right now. That's why they flexed the game to the morning slot.
Cuz all the other games in the morning were dogs.
Cheers,
Russ

Well if the 49'rs & Eagle game turns out like it did last year in the playoffs. Maybe you could fix a little Humble Pie for desert. LOL
Besides the best game of the day will be my Broncos taking out the Texans. If we can make the playoffs I wouldn't want to play the Broncos.
Sean Payton is the real deal. He does more with less than any coach in the league right now. That's why they flexed the game to the morning slot.
Cuz all the other games in the morning were dogs.
Cheers,
Russ
I’ve checked my ego for this game. I just want to see a very good game.

And the Broncos have really gelled. Finally. Football from November on is the best football to watch.

I’ve checked my ego for this game. I just want to see a very good game.

And the Broncos have really gelled. Finally. Football from November on is the best football to watch.
You are right on the games just keep getting better & better as the season goes. I'm glad that they moved the Broncos to the morning slot so that I can watch it and then enjoy the 9'rs & Eagles game in the afternoon. I'll be pulling for the 9r's because I respect Kyle Shanahan & John Lynch's ties to the Bronco's. Kyle's a great coach. Elway blew it when he didn't hire him just before the 49'rs did. Didn't have the $$$. Now with the richest owner in the league money is no problem. Sean Payton is not cheap. Anyways here's hoping that its a great afternoon game & the 9'rs put them down a notch. Then in the playoffs my favorite NFC team the Vikings can beat them all........yea, sure......

Back