Weber switching to bolt-on kettle lid handles

The bolt on handle does (as mentioned before) open up the possibilities of more customization. How about a One Touch Gold 22 with a 1950s-60s Metal top handle? Or you can simply add a spare strap style handle if you have one and use that with a wood or plastic handle if you desire. BTW, the wood handles still will fit the new "Taco Shield" handles.

I always pushed to put a 26 in a cart. I made a few of those.

You wouldn't happen to have one hanging around your garage that you want to sell, do you? :p

This has been an interesting read. My two cents is the bolt on handle should be an improvement, as it seems a lot of rust happens now where the handles are currently welded on. Hopefully, this takes care of that.

Last edited:
You wouldn't happen to have one hanging around your garage that you want to sell, do you? :p

This has been an interesting read. My two cents is the bolt on handle should be an improvement, as it seems a lot of rust happens now where the handles are currently welded on. Hopefully, this takes care of that.

I do not.

All I did was take a 22" performer, made a wider wire rack for the bottom, longer axles. Mounted the 26" kettle with the same 22" brackets (they were a little off with the diameter, but this was just a prototype). Then 2 of the 22" tables were trimmed and glued together to create a 26" width table.

Has anyone made one of these with a nice work table? it's pretty simple to do! let's see them!

Back