Weber Summit Charcoal Grill / Grilling Center Owners Thread

Here is mine.

2016-05-13%2011.09.39_zpsrn2voo1m.jpg

http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii627/wbzipf/2016-05-13 11.12.37_zpsttmqmoqe.jpg

I forgot to mention this. I have gotten "burnt" with the heat because I opened the lid to fast. Open a little and let the heat escape a bit before fully opening. One time it was a ball of fire and burned my hair.... I was doing a pizza and needed the high temp. Excess of 600 and other time i was grilling chicken and the steam got me good on the fore arm.

Ridiculouis minutiae

If you were wondering, this is as clean as you can get the top of the diffuser plate with moderate effort (meaning degreaser and metal scrubber):

Last edited:
For The first time ever (obviously) I will be cooking my Thanksgiving turkey on the WSCG. The forecast says temps will be between 40f -50f with showers. I can't think of a better test for the insulative capability of the WSCG.

My plan is to use the AmazingRibs.com recipe for my turkey and gravey, I will be using Fogo lump charcoal with mesquite wood for flavor.

Are any of you planning on using your WSCG for this Thanksgiving dinner? If so, I would love to hear about it.

Off flavors using KBB. Does anyone else notice more off flavors in the WSCG when using KBB? I never had that problem with my Weber kettle or WSM, and I think it's because of the hotter fire and more airflow in thoes two devices relative to the WSCG.

I'm looking at finally splurging and grabbing a WSC. My question is is it wrong to ask your local shop for extras? I've seen people on here say they got there grill and had stuff thrown in like the cover or a coal rake.

I'm looking at finally splurging and grabbing a WSC. My question is is it wrong to ask your local shop for extras? I've seen people on here say they got there grill and had stuff thrown in like the cover or a coal rake.

Depends on the relationship you have with shop. When I got mine he sold me extras at cost.

Love to have a WSCG but it will never be at my house. I'm an old guy planning my retirement and I don't have a barbecue equipment budget (or a motorcycle budget for that matter). No place for luxury items on my deck and the WSCG is definitely a luxury item (noticed no pictures posted in back of small houses or trailers). I'm lucky in that I can cook just about anything on what I have and my 22 year-old motorcycle can take me anywhere I want to go. Still, I'll keep dreaming about WSCGs and FJRs and hope one of my neighbors buys a WSCG so I can live vicariously through him.

Wrong? Hell no!!! Get all you can and believe me, you have the upper hand these things aren't flying off the shelves. The cover is $80 I called Weber to complain about that and they sent me one for free along with the extension grate. Get all you can. And BTW it's worth every penny.

Yeah, get everything you can, you are spending a lot. Start by asking for the charcoal rake and the expansion grate. Thoese are the two most used accessories that I have. In full disclosure I was only "given" the rake, but then again I didn't ask for the grate to be comped too. Learn from my mistake.

Let us know when you pull the trigger. You won't regret it, but know it operates different from any kettle or WSM that you have used before.

Back