Weber Summit Charcoal Gen I - Floor model for sale... $699

MichaelM

TVWBB Super Fan
If you happen to be local to south shore Long Island NY, the Ace Hardware on Montauk Highway in Copiague has a mint Gen I Summit Charcoal floor model with all accessories for $699. That's a bargain. I bought mine for $999 and felt like I stole it! Only one so.. Might want to call them to hold it if you want it. Actually contemplated buying it just to flip it. Love mine but no need for a second one.

Last edited:
Don't have a price list for 2016, the year these grills first came out, but to give you some sense of things, the 2020 FOB Price List says the FOB price for the Summit Charcoal Grill was $900, the MAP was $1,499, and the MSRP was $1,699. For the Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, FOB price was $1,200, MAP $1,999, MSRP $2,299.

Makes me wonder what the mark-up is on this item....
Some manufacturers offer a floor model price on an actual, working unit so that a display piece is available. The demo/floor models could have been at 50% off wholesale price.

No, I will resist the desire to say “Put it in the truck and I’ll send Jethro for it.”
Jethro would get lost, and end up bringing something I would not have room for anyway”
I’d spend some of them “new“ dollars getting it all sorted out.
”I’ve heared of gold dollars, silver dollars but, I ain’t never headed of nuthin’ called “million” dollars. I think he’s “greenin’ me.”

No, I will resist the desire to say “Put it in the truck and I’ll send Jethro for it.”
Jethro would get lost, and end up bringing something I would not have room for anyway”
I’d spend some of them “new“ dollars getting it all sorted out.
”I’ve heared of gold dollars, silver dollars but, I ain’t never headed of nuthin’ called “million” dollars. I think he’s “greenin’ me.”
Not sure I would trust Jethro with this one!!

If you happen to be local to south shore Long Island NY, the Ace Hardware on Montauk Highway in Copiague has a mint Gen I Summit Charcoal floor model with all accessories for $699. That's a bargain. I bought mine for $999 and felt like I stole it! Only one so.. Might want to call them to hold it if you want it. Actually contemplated buying it just to flip it. Love mine but no need for a second one.
Is it the one of the stainless steel table attached?

Back