Weber Q300 FBMP Find.

Samuel, that should clean up nice. The grates look to be in good shape too and the 320 ones last longer than the new 3200 ones in my experience. Nice find!

If it was free or close to that, it is a great deal. If the burner is good, then the only other real problem could be the grate. It is hard to tell if the existing one is still good, but even a replacement isn't all that expensive if you go the aftermarket route. Those are great grills.

Thanks Richard and Bruce.The previous owner stated it still cooks and the only thing was that the igniter did not work. So it needs cleaning and a repaint. I thought it was not bad for just the 25 bones I got it for. Weber stated it was a 2006 model. It did not seem to have any rust on it when I picked it up but I will know more once it is cleaned. Ordered an electric ignitor for it since the 300 comes with the piezo igniter and the 320 came with an electric one. I thought that would be a nice upgrade for it.

I wanted to add any Weber Q to my family of grills I think I stumbled on to a good one. I am very content with my purchase thus far, but will know more once the cleaning process begins. I was very fortunate that the lady in Sun City held it for me for 2 days until I could pick it up. She said there were very many inquirers about it. She said it was her Father's grill, and he was the orginal and previous owner of it.

Last edited:
Ordered a Q300 Unicook Grill Cover. Half the price of the Weber's. Looks to be made pretty well considering the cost. Time will Tell. Anyone have any experience with this brand? This is my 1st purchase of this brand.

7112 Unicook Q300 Grill Cover.jpg

That is actually a 320 as it has the thermometer and the higher domed lid. It must have been an early model to have the piezo igniter because you are right, the 320 usually came with the electronic igniter. Or the previous owner swapped it for a piezo. Some people on here like the piezo better as the electronic ones sometimes die and early death.

Richard the Serial number that came up when I registered it said it was Q300 and the model number under the right shelf states it was a Q300 unless the cart was switched for the one that is on it now. I did not know I had the better lid. Good to know.

Samuel, you got me thinking so I went and locked it up. I stand corrected. Getting old! The 320 has the electronic igniter, warming rack and a handle light. The 300 does come with the same lid as the 320. The 100 and 200 series have lower lids and no thermometer and piezo, but the 120 and 220 series have the higher lid, thermometer and electronic igniter. Now I will shut up before I get it wrong again, if I haven’t already. 😆

What is the biggest thermometer you can put on these grills without having to drill the hole bigger? I do like how small this one is.

Question:
How does the base for the tank hook on to the wire bottom rack. Is it suppose to come off when there is no tank?

You can remove the base, but it should snap into and out of place. It can be a bit confusing exactly how it snaps onto the wire rack, but I would think a users manual will show you the correct fitment.

I looked at the manual the pic shows it folds in. I was just wondering if you all used a permanent solution

I am pretty sure they do.....
My reason is when I was cleaining the old one the white lettering came off. I could just leave it, but if I want to replace it, a new one is $36 plus shipping for the Q300 and the Q3200 is only $17.

This cookbox is loaded thick with hardened grease. It is coming off in chunks if I can get under it. I think I am going to have to use a metal scraper to complete the job.
Burners are shot and I am misssing the vinyl cover for the tank. I am going to have to soak these grill grates and grease catcher.
I figured I will soak with dawn first if not that then simple green.

I cleaned the inside of the lid before I painted it. I got off the main residue. It did however leave the stain that often happens when all the grime is burned on the inside of the lid, but I am ok with that.

Last edited:
If I had one of each, I would check it out for you. I hope someone else can confirm one way or the other.

Back