Weber pellet bag.

Bruno

TVWBB Honor Circle
Picked up a Weber pellet bag and I have to say I’m surprised how much I like it. It makes lifting 20 lbs of pellets a piece of cake with the handle. I only dropped two pellets while making the transfer from bag to bag.
I haven’t used it yet to put pellets in the EX6 but that’ll be next.
I put in a bag of hickory and I’m going to mix some in with my grill master blend for some ribs soon.
This thing didn’t look like much at first but it’s well built, sturdy and the handle is legit07F8D831-5EBE-44AB-8FEA-D0A2749100EB.jpeg

For what it’s worth after mixing a custom blend in the bag today I ordered another one.
Very happy with the construction and ease of use with these.
Plus they are $5 cheaper than Weber’s initial selling price.

For what it’s worth after mixing a custom blend in the bag today I ordered another one.
Very happy with the construction and ease of use with these.
Plus they are $5 cheaper than Weber’s initial selling price.
Did you order direct from Weber? Would rather not pay for shipping.

what was the price? There are plenty of very cheap dry bags of the same sort of construction on discount camping outlets. But I would be concerned about what they are made of for food related uses.

what was the price? There are plenty of very cheap dry bags of the same sort of construction on discount camping outlets. But I would be concerned about what they are made of for food related uses.
I’m a sucker for Weber accessories, I do really like the bag though.

Did not know such a creature existed. Very cool.
I purchased five of these when they were $12.00 each along with some plastic scoops they had. They fit in my little shed and make it very easy to load the pellets and they hold 20 lbs. easily.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000MW7E64/?tag=tvwb-20

That looks like a really good option, Rich. I went with 5 gallon paint buckets in different colors and got the screw-on/off lid attachments. Works OK but your idea looks more convenient and probably cheaper, too. Can you pour straight from the container into your hopper?

That looks like a really good option, Rich. I went with 5 gallon paint buckets in different colors and got the screw-on/off lid attachments. Works OK but your idea looks more convenient and probably cheaper, too. Can you pour straight from the container into your hopper?
Jon, I've been very pleased so far with the containers. The flip up lid works great for filling the grill and the clear lid is hinged so when I dump the pellets to changed the smoke profile I just open the clear top and put the container under the chute. Also with the hinged clear top makes filling the container very easy from the original bag.
I tape a piece of paper with the brand and type of pellet onto the top of the container. I then made up tags that I attach to the pellet hopper on the grill which tells me what's in the hopper. That way I don't have to guess what's in the hopper. Seeing at about noon I can't remember what I had for breakfast.
What I find amazing is that Amazon tracks sales and raises the prices if sales increase. They want $20.99 for the 20lb. container today and a few months ago when I bought my first two they were under $14.00. Price has been going up ever since my first purchase.
101_5790.JPG

101_5791.JPG

101_5792.JPG

Jon, I've been very pleased so far with the containers. The flip up lid works great for filling the grill and the clear lid is hinged so when I dump the pellets to changed the smoke profile I just open the clear top and put the container under the chute. Also with the hinged clear top makes filling the container very easy from the original bag.
I tape a piece of paper with the brand and type of pellet onto the top of the container. I then made up tags that I attach to the pellet hopper on the grill which tells me what's in the hopper. That way I don't have to guess what's in the hopper. Seeing at about noon I can't remember what I had for breakfast.
What I find amazing is that Amazon tracks sales and raises the prices if sales increase. They want $20.99 for the 20lb. container today and a few months ago when I bought my first two they were under $14.00. Price has been going up ever since my first purchase.
View attachment 15261

View attachment 15262

View attachment 15263
Pretty funny how Amazon adjusts prices!

Bruno - have you used the bag to fill the EX6 yet? I haven't found any videos on it to see how it works so would appreciate your thoughts.

Back