Weber Model Number 8101

What I really want is the old school redhead with the wooden slats and the deep firebox so may take awhile or I will just cave in and get a silver b. Trying to learn so that would be a 1000-5000 series built before 99?
You're looking for a Genesis 1/2/3 or Genesis 1000/2000/3000. Genesis 1 may have a wooden work surface on the left and wire shelf below, Genesis 1000 a wooden work surface with swing-up extension on the left and wire shelf below.

If it were me, I'd look for Genesis 2 or Genesis 2000...like my old Genesis 2. :D

higxUmd.jpg

You're looking for a Genesis 1/2/3 or Genesis 1000/2000/3000. Genesis 1 may have a wooden work surface on the left and wire shelf below, Genesis 1000 a wooden work surface with swing-up extension on the left and wire shelf below.

If it were me, I'd look for Genesis 2 or Genesis 2000...like my old Genesis 2. :D

higxUmd.jpg

Chris, thank you that is exactly what I am looking for that is beautiful. What stain color is that if I found that I would buy it in a minute. Thanks for the info.

What stain color is that if I found that I would buy it in a minute.
It's an opaque stain that's close to the original stain color...opaque because the original slats got grease stains over time and rather than try to sand them out, I just "painted" over them with a solid color stain. I think it was some version of "barn red", but there's lots of versions of that so best to eyeball the stain samples and pick what looks closest to you.

I wonder if the inventors of this grill style are happy that so many of us are so over the top about them? They are gorgeous grills! Pleasure to even see the pictures of them, like Chris's!

Slainte!

Tim

I wonder if the inventors of this grill style are happy that so many of us are so over the top about them? They are gorgeous grills! Pleasure to even see the pictures of them, like Chris's!

Slainte!

Tim

If you've not read this, you should: WEBER GENESIS: 30 YEARS & STILL GOING STRONG

“We said, ‘We’re gonna make a really great gas barbecue that’s worthy of the Weber name and whatever it sells for – that’s what it sells for.’"

Back