Weber Lawsuit? *****

Well I gotta agree with Weber on this one after reading the text as is...
"disputed accessories"
So whats his name bought a set of salt and pepper shakers and decided to sue?
Betcha diss guy doesn't even own a Weber grill.

Tim

I've registered my grills and smokers with Weber and have not received any notification. Not really worried about it. Bought and use them because of their quality. Not going to worry about the $8 or $10 that I'd get. Not worth my effort to be a party. Some one's always suing some one and if they can get a class it's all the better for the lawyers.

I also got the email, all of my grills are garage sales and Craigslist finds. So I have no idea how they found me. Unless it was when I got parts from weber.

I recieved it and I am angry. Just how was I harmed? This stuff has to stop. And it will stop the lawyers collect what I collect. The only people who make out on these things are the lawyers and sometimes the person who brings the act. They will get an honoraium of X amount of dollars but nothing like the lawyers.

Paul, I agree. Asian parts probably should have been noted, but that can be corrected in future. How were we harmed though? Is there any chance that we, the Weber fans, could somehow negate the lawsuit by our favorable input? To whom? Do we have any attorney members who could point us in the right direction? What would our chances be to help Weber out? It might be the first time in history that a group helped a big company!

Rita

they tried to circumnavigate the law. i've seen other companies do it. i do not like it whan they do. neither should ya'll. otherwise we will not know what is what. i need that to make my own informed choice.

i would bet intentional. big and small companies just don't make oops's like that. i read a story about this issue and its been getting worse. no, i don't remember where. maybe search for this issue.

If they did circumvent the law then that is not a class action lawsuit. Again how was this class harmed? This is a bogus suit and nobody gains anything but the lawyers.

This looks like either someone has some sort of personal crusade or is after $$$. Getting ideas from patent trolls.

There's no definition that any law has been broken according to the text in the original post:

"The court has not held a trial or ruled in favor of either party on any disputed issues. Weber and the plaintiff have agreed to settle the matter to avoid the costs of continued litigation."

A waste of the court's time if you ask me. I agree with Paul.

Was browsing the Weber site this evening, looking at the Performer charcoal grill. It now says this on the page:<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The Weber® Summit®, Genesis®, Q®, and charcoal grills are assembled in America using internationally sourced components. The Weber® Spirit® series gas grills and Compact charcoal grills are assembled in China. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Regards,
Chris

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brian Zimmerman:
Don't think I will be sending in for my check. They usually come with a 1099 form. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's funny

I got a post card about it in the regular mail yesterday and it used my nickname not my real first name. I'm not sure how they got my address or my nickname as everything I order online I have to use my real first name for the credit card info. strange. anyway. the postcard took a trip through my paper shredder

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timothy:
Great chimney starters by the way!

Tim </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dang, why didn't I think of that? What better way to support Weber and thumb your nose at frivolous lawsuits?

I got the post card, too, but I'm not going to ask Weber for $2. My purchase was a new-in-box 22" One Touch Gold grill for which I paid the princely sum of $75. What bothers me is "Plaintiff's Counsel will request up to $995,000 for attorney's fees and costs..." They should crawl back under the rock and take that request with them.

(No offense to any of you who are attorneys.
icon_wink.gif
)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">(No offense to any of you who are attorneys. ) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hope to offend the attorney scum that make they're livings off of these useless class actions - we'll give you a few $'s from the settlement and we'll make $millions. These guys don't offend me ... THEY P*** ME OFF!
Bet we get 3 or 4 of these settlement offers every month. Wife even got one a couple weeks ago that had the $7.00 check enclosed and she had never been party to the suit and not even sure of the source. It went in the shredder.
I'm always a day late and a dollar short ... My Weber postcard came today.

I got 4 postcards today! While I hate stupid lawsuits, Weber and other companies do need to be more forthcoming on where their parts come from. I was only aware of the Spirit line being made in China. I was under the impression everything else was made in the USA.

Now I hope those scummy lawyers choke on the $995,000 they are getting off this!

Back