Weber Lawsuit? *****

I also received the postcard Saturday, and promptly filed it in the trash! But now that I've thought about it, maybe I should have sent it in. If Weber agrees to spend "x" amount of money, is this distributed evenly? I would hate for some get rich at the expense of others scum to take in a lions share! Do I want Weber's money? NOT AT ALL. I love my webers, and sing their praises to all that listen. But I would love to stick it to the ambulance chasers that filed this, and get a piece of their pie. Only to turn around and purchase another Weber toy! I've been eyeing a weber thermometer for my Q-200 ha ha!! Is all for not as, like I said, I immediately filed the postcard. I Just really dislike those ambulance chasers!
Sorry for my rant,
Tim

I asked the same question in another tread, and got a response of "who really cares"
So I guess nobody cares?
Me.. I rather see the cash go back in Webers pocket. If need be I'll take the few bucks and spend that on a quick pick compared to handing that cash back to Mr salt&pepper shaker and his cronies.
icon_wink.gif

Tim

995,000 goes to the attorney
5,000 to the original plaintiff

your piddly check for 3, 5, or 7 dollars (maximum) will be additional money out of Weber's pocket.

I got 6 postcards with the lawsuit info on Friday. I have only bought one brand new 22"WSM in 2010, everything else I've gotten at yard sales, thrift shops or craigslist.
But I have had warranty issues with the WSM and have bought a lot of Weber replacement parts and registered some of my grills and smokers.

Weber CS has been fantastic, I hope the lawyers choke on the salt & pepper shakers.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tim (the grillaholic):
I also received the postcard Saturday, and promptly filed it in the trash! But now that I've thought about it, maybe I should have sent it in. If Weber agrees to spend "x" amount of money, is this distributed evenly? I would hate for some get rich at the expense of others scum to take in a lions share! Do I want Weber's money? NOT AT ALL. I love my webers, and sing their praises to all that listen. But I would love to stick it to the ambulance chasers that filed this, and get a piece of their pie. Only to turn around and purchase another Weber toy! I've been eyeing a weber thermometer for my Q-200 ha ha!! Is all for not as, like I said, I immediately filed the postcard. I Just really dislike those ambulance chasers!
Sorry for my rant,
Tim </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Point well taken Tim. I'm no lawyer but I'm guessing that the lawyers are paid based on claims filed. I mean how many claimants actually participate. The fewer there are, the less their payday.

Perhaps someone with more knowledge on this subject could shed some light on how it works.

I did find this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Class_action

Back