Weber Kettle Rotisserie Motor

Randy G

TVWBB Fan
My Weber Kettle Rotisserie motor quit working. Tried multiple extension cords and outlets. Nothing. Took it apart. On and Off switch appears to work bevaluate you can see the switch movebut no sound, no hum, no noise. Electrical issue? Trying to find a link to a site to do the repair. Any suggestions out there?

My Weber Kettle Rotisserie motor quit working. Tried multiple extension cords and outlets. Nothing. Took it apart. On and Off switch appears to work bevaluate you can see the switch movebut no sound, no hum, no noise. Electrical issue? Trying to find a link to a site to do the repair. Any suggestions out there?

FIRST, evaluate your skills and confidence in troubleshooting electrical/mechanical devices. If you aren't comfortable with diagnosing and repairing your own appliances, skip directly to Step 2.

1. I would do a little detective work with a multimeter. First, test the switch for continuity. You may only need a switch, but depending on availability of repair parts you may have to substitute a generic switch. If the switch is good, next check the motor. Without having seen this rotisserie I am guessing that the motor connects to a set of reduction gears. After verifying that you are getting power to the motor (i.e., the switch is working), what happens when you turn the unit on? Does the motor attempt to start but can't turn (suggesting that the gears may be "stuck")? If power is getting to the motor but the motor doesn't even try to rotate, then look for any obvious problem, such as a broken wire (seems unlikely) or a cold-soldered connection. If there are none, then (in my opinion, formed with absolutely no hard information)...

2. You should consider a replacement motor such as the one Jim Lampe suggested.

When you buy a "One Grill" Rotisserie Motor off Amazon the motor will ship directly from OneGrill.com at no extra cost. Brian of OneGrill.com gave me excellent customer service as I have both the outstanding One Grill Battery and Electric Rotisserie Motors in my BBQ Arsenal and I remain one-happy OneGrill Customer.

It's nice to have a wizard in the family but don't fault him if it's full of proprietary components that cannot be identified nor procured 🙂

Back