Weber Grill Restaraunt

Jim Bounds

TVWBB Fan
Not sure where to post this, but figured Photo Gallery was as good as any. I was in Chicago on Business last week and driving into town to the hotel I pass this curious looking sign:

My hotel was about 4 blocks away so when it came time to go out for dinner the Weber Restaurant was in order. Yeah, twist my arm. I was a bit worried it would not meet my expectations, but when I saw the industrial Ranch Kettles how could it not be awesome:

The waiter had a bit of grilling/smoking knowledge, but not much. I asked if the brisket and ribs and other barbeque was cooked on WSMs - they are not. They utilize a large industrial style smoker. Therefore, I went for the 'grill' menu and ordered the Australian 2 bone lamb chops (after the grilled oysters Rockefeller). Let me tell you - I love lamb and this was one of the best grilled lambchops I have had!

The price was right in line and reasonable for the quality of food. The three other associates with me all loved their food: prime rib; filet; and, roasted chicken.

If you are near a Weber Restaurant, Check it out.

Thanks for the write up. Those chops look insanely good. I need to go to Chicago.

When I was growing up in Chicago my Dad took me there unless it's moved. When I saw the kettles it was instant memories, just as I remember it and that was at least 55 years ago.
Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
That was on the short list for dinner places on our last trip to Chicago (sis-in-law goes to Loyola) but no one wanted to go 'downtown'. So the wif promised next time, we'd go. Looks like it was awesome, thanks for the report.

I was in Chicago back in March, and I eat there too. Best burger ever!!!! All of the food looked great!!!!

I have been to the 1 in Indianapolis, the grilles are modified ranches and they do use charcoal to do all the cooking. I had there Prime Rib and to this day it was the best I have ever had. :)

i was so bummed when i saw this while we were in chicago for vacation and didnt have time for a meal there...next time!

That is really cool! What a great idea for a restaurant. I didn't know it existed, it might be time to cross "go to Wrigley field" off my bucketlist and get some good food while I'm at it.

Back