Weber Grates source

Scroll down to "Grates", use link for rcplanebuyer and read note about how to save $$$ at the end of the thread.

Not cheap, but his grates will outlast your grill. :D

Chris has the link for the best grates you can buy. The BBQparts ones are a good second a bit less expensive. You can also find several 7mm versions on Amazon, but they are almost all Chinese. However, they will last for a looooong time as well and are much less expensive.

I have the RCPlanebuyer grates, for what that is worth.

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks guys. Been trying to track down RC for the last couple of days...couldn't find a way to contact him outside of Ebay.

I have the original grates that came with the grill about 15 years ago. They are on their way out...probably could get another year out of them. Interesting you say the Amazon ones are going to last a long time...I thought I ready some complaints that they rot away.

Eddie. the CI and stamped steel ones will rust away, but the stainless solid rod ones will last many years. They may or may not be 304 stainless, but they are still stainless and will resist the rust and corrosion quite well even if neglected.

Here is a nice piece Jon put together that you might find useful

I'm in the market for new grates. Any quality options out there? Don't want some off shore sourced SS that will last a couple of seasons.

Found this https://www.bbqparts.com/silverb.htm but can't find an reviews.

Thanks
For what its worth they make very good grates there are a few members on here who have the stainless rods. I bought a set of their stamped stainless steel grates for a 1000 that has since gone to my daugher, they were $49.00 at the time like everything they have gone up but they fit perfectly and I see no reason they will rust out they are 304 stainless and made in the USA. Had those grates for over 3 years and they are holding up just fine.

Nobody is disputing that RC makes the best if you are willing to pay the price. I run Quimetal stainless rods on my grill happy with them had them for a few years but they are sourced although they seem to be good quality for the price.

Thanks all. Touched base RC. His price is slightly over the bbqparts. My grill is about 15 yrs old, but it is in really good shape. He recommended I check the frame and firebox before spending the $. It is solid. I can't believe how nice they built these grills. I have not decided if I will get his, but I'm a fan of buying once. I regret I buying the flavorizer bars a few years ago without researching. They are starting to rust so maybe I will buy the grates and bars from him. I bet my grill will last another 10 years and I don't want to buy either again.

You buy RCP or BBQParts solid rod SS grates and they will easily last ten years, probably 20. Flavorizer bars will last a really long time too....but you can find good flavorizer bars on Amazon (16 gauge) for a really good price.

Back