Weber Genesis Silver/Gold/Platinum B LEGO Build

_Branden_

TVWBB Fan
I have called this the LEGO build because I am going to cobble together one great grill from three. All the parts kinda fit together like LEGO’s so it seems appropriate. The donor grills are a blue Silver B and two SS Gold B’s.

A19048C7-A50E-4E53-A4BF-910DD41F616C.jpeg2EB0291B-FFA0-43D7-BE69-6A563302BA4B.jpeg745144ED-B273-4355-935A-1F5770AAF4D0.jpeg

Last edited:
I think you have advancing Weberitous :coolkettle: ! Takes one to know one.

I really like that blue hood, so I hope you can make a combination with it that works.

I have had it for years it’s just flaring up again! That blue hood will be put to good use for sure. I don’t really care for the look of SS hoods much. I think the blue hood with the SS handle on the gold B frame will be nice.

Let me know if that blue lid is interchangeable with the end caps on the Gold lid. I think it would be, but not sure.

Well I got all three grills broke down. I have one good Gold B frame that I pieced together between the blue and SS hooded grills. The frame on the black hooded grill is usable as well but unfortunately the cook box and lid aren’t usable. I may just make a cart for my outdoor propane burner.

Unfortunately the SS handle does not fit on the blue hood. It’s too short. The end caps are completely different and I believe the blue and SS hood have slightly different contours. The liner on the SS hood was only held on by one spot weld so it came right out. Once my red head build is complete I will start on the blue Gold B.

Is there a trick to removing the plastic end caps on these grills? I removed the bolts. I released the tab on the bottom through the slot but still broke TWO trying to get them out.

Is there a trick to removing the plastic end caps on these grills? I removed the bolts. I released the tab on the bottom through the slot but still broke TWO trying to get them out.
Have a look at this thread:

Last edited:
Thanks Ed. I knew there had to be someone else that experienced this issue. Funny thing is I actually used a broomstick to try and pound them out and they still broke! Oh well. Once I get to selecting parts from my Weber "lego's" I will see exactly what I need if anything.

Branden, sometimes those things seem like they are welded to the frame. I have pounded the snot out of a wooden dowel only to basically destroy the handle anyway. It think it has something to do with the rust and maybe the plastic actually expanding over the years.

Normally, I don't ever have to even resort to pounding them out from the back, but that has saved a lot of handles for me over the last few years.

Thanks for the input fellas.
Good to hear I wasn't missing some super secret hidden hatch or something :ROFLMAO:
I will put some copper anti seize on them when reinstalled.

Thanks for the input fellas.
Good to hear I wasn't missing some super secret hidden hatch or something :ROFLMAO:
I will put some copper anti seize on them when reinstalled.

I recently found out there was a hidden clip when I was removing the swing table. I tried WD-40, plyers, screw drivers. When it finally came out, that's when I noticed the clip. I'm lucky I didn't snap mine off.

Glad there are lots of knowledge here for this kind of stuff.

The OP stated they knew about the clip and released it. So that wasn't his problem. But a lot of people do not know that clip is there. I think I remember my first grill tear down going that route until I realized there was that little clip there. And it is hard to release that clip while trying to pry the handle out.

Well just double checked. The hoods/end caps/handles will not interchange on an 03 SS Gold B and a 04 Silver B. The bolts won’t line up and the castings are very different. Might have something to do with the SS hood originally having a liner. I’m not sure.

8FDBCE59-FB76-4313-9EE5-ADF3E98B0424.jpegD650D9F7-5557-4AE2-9E97-3F48D14E9BEA.jpeg

Broke two end pieces. Lesson learned. But I figured out how I will deal with any stubborn plastic ends again. Gonna have to find a black tool holder/end piece.

1882286E-78F4-4FB3-AA28-10393A2DC8A5.jpeg381706F6-8458-40A0-9DB2-A296306EE6F9.jpeg
D1F4FAFB-1C9F-4E28-B520-8CA4BF20153B.jpeg

Well unfortunately this build has come to an end. The gold frame I was going to use had way to much rot. I was going to replace the crossbar that bolts to the cook box and even bought the inserts needed. Once I got started with it I discovered a bunch more rust and rot that was well hidden by paint. So off to the recycler for most of this grill. I did manage to save a few of the good parts for another build down the road. So the blue hood is going on a good silver b frame I have. RIP Genesis Gold. It was a learning experience for sure. I hate those SS hoods.

The LEGO build continues. Found a free gold b in fantastic shape! The usual rust in the cabinet but I have a rack to convert it to an open frame.

7190960F-F263-46E0-8F95-6B3AA1CB9AF5.jpeg

Back