Weber Genesis Silver/Gold/Platinum B LEGO Build

The newest piece acquired for my Weber LEGO. The frame is about the only useful piece on this. That and the Weber cedar planks put over the rotted cabinet floor! Now I need some salmon.

FD55D43D-350A-4EF0-B17A-A7A9ABD2C125.jpegD63880A7-73EA-417E-A951-DA0AEA47BC67.jpeg

Hook it up the gas line first.

t0sG1c6.jpg

Here is my new to me 2005 Weber Genesis Platinum all stainless steel frame cleaned up. The rest of this grill was an absolute disaster and is in the bed of my truck ready to be hauled to the recycling center. I got this grill from Portland Oregon where it has lived a hard life in the wet PNW. It must have been kept uncovered most of its time outside because everything was unusable. Even the manifold crumbled in my hands. This frame is in perfect condition and I couldn’t be more pleased. It really shows how durable these SS frames are because if any frame was gonna be rotten it would have been this one.

7F59F599-575C-4540-9DDA-247E8BA19EBB.jpeg

It looks like you had to do some repair work on those side extensions. Unfortunately, they are very prone to having the spot welds fail inside the tubes.

More than likely, somebody got into the habit of lifting the griil by the handle after the casters seized.

EDIT: Something you might consider doing is putting a second screw in the expander to keep it from pivoting on a single screw. Any movement there will put added stress on the spot weld on the opposite side which is still rigid.

Last edited:
More than likely, somebody got into the habit of lifting the griil by the handle after the casters seized.

EDIT: Something you might consider doing is putting a second screw in the expander to keep it from pivoting on a single screw. Any movement there will put added stress on the spot weld on the opposite side which is still rigid.

Not a bad idea but now that I know these extensions are vulnerable to breaking at the weld I may just add the nut and bolt to the other 3.
Its a very strong solution.

Not a bad idea but now that I know these extensions are vulnerable to breaking at the weld I may just add the nut and bolt to the other 3.
Its a very strong solution.
You may not need to be concerned about the end with the fixed wheels. On my Silver C, both left side extensions were broken from the PO using the grill like a wheelbarrow when the casters seized (that's my assumption). It seems like the natural thing to do. The grill was in such good shape I am certain it was kept in a garage or under a cover for most of its life.

I would put the broken extension on the RH side like you show it in the pictures. Over the years I have gotten into the practice of always using 2 or more screws whenever possible because of the hinging or pivoting problem when using only one. I replaced my broken extensions from a donor grill, but that's probably not an option with a SS frame.

Dang, that looks exactly like what I was planning for my SS Platinum build. Right down to the blue lid and black control panel. I may still have a side burner on mine though.

Great minds think alike!

I really like that blue lid. I’d like to get a set of black knobs and a igniter switch at some point.

Figured I’d post this here since it’s the original LEGO. It’s also my first flip grill and currently for sale in the Seattle area. Weber Gold B with Platinum side tables and Genesis 1000 hood. This grill turned out pretty sweet. Wish I could keep them all.
B56A5919-84F2-4E68-827E-D1247199AE41.jpeg8C986609-9A96-4720-8F4E-873C5EBD5EA2.jpeg1C244882-AC7C-4225-B865-689CD5D92F78.jpeg45232C18-89A8-460E-B0F0-127D8D117432.jpeg

One of the details I like that you cant see in the pictures is the lower rack and outer wheel covers are painted with black hammertone. Looks really cool in person.

Back