Weber Genesis silver / gold - Manifold is stuck after trying to clean it?

Those are good tips. I have found that all my burner tubes come with the shutters at the half way point. That is on Weber OEM and aftermarket. I don't know if they actually manually adjust them at the factory, but I assume that is just how they are set at the factory.

Those are good tips. I have found that all my burner tubes come with the shutters at the half way point. That is on Weber OEM and aftermarket. I don't know if they actually manually adjust them at the factory, but I assume that is just how they are set at the factory.

Here's how it stands now. Starting to put everything back together. Obviously i had to adjust my shutters because whatever setting it was on didn't work for the manifold that I swapped. But i have no idea whether the burnersit was factory or not. You guys have alot more experience than me, but just going from one manifold to another there was a huge variation in difference of performance and adjusting the shutters had a positive result for my case.

I have another question now. what's everyone's consensus on stainless hood w/ the liner vs the black porcelain hood? I really appreciate my E-310's porcelain hood and how easy it is to clean.

Attachments

• 20220422_013210.jpg
    20220422_013210.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I think you nailed your flames as long as they stay that way when you put the grill back together, it should. I prefer the porcelain lids myself, the stainless steel ones have a liner that rusts out. Who needs more rust?

I think you nailed your flames as long as they stay that way when you put the grill back together, it should. I prefer the porcelain lids myself, the stainless steel ones have a liner that rusts out. Who needs more rust?
I have a rust free SS lid and liner that I have free for anyone that wants it.

Oh yeah, right. I live in a dessert...

Yep, it looks like you have the burners dialed in now. Good job.
I prefer the enamel lids.

I've been to California one time, about fifteen years ago. My pregnant wife and I decided to fly to San Diego with our two small children. It was in February, so still winter here. We had a fantastic time going to the San Diego zoo, Lego land, and my favorite was the USS Midway aircraft carrier museum. I found it amusing that all the natives were wearing jackets when the temps were in the mid 60's. The other thing that struck me was how crazy the traffic was on the 5. I live just outside Chicago and am very familiar with city traffic, but this was another level of insane. I can only imagine what it's like in LA.

Here's the end product. Flavorizer bars were in great shape, brushed up the ss grates the best I could. Gotta buff that hood off some more from what i see on the picture, was doing it in the dark, oops!
Thanks for all the help. Going to move on to the trash picked grill and try to get that going

Attachments

• 20220425_083240.jpg
    20220425_083240.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 20220425_083247.jpg
    20220425_083247.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 18
That is a great refurb. Some window cleaner is probably all you need to shine up the lid.

I've been to California one time, about fifteen years ago. My pregnant wife and I decided to fly to San Diego with our two small children. It was in February, so still winter here. We had a fantastic time going to the San Diego zoo, Lego land, and my favorite was the USS Midway aircraft carrier museum. I found it amusing that all the natives were wearing jackets when the temps were in the mid 60's. The other thing that struck me was how crazy the traffic was on the 5. I live just outside Chicago and am very familiar with city traffic, but this was another level of insane. I can only imagine what it's like in LA.
My wife and I took our sons on a summer vacation over 4th of July weekend about that same year doing almost exactly the same itinerary. My boys loved Legos, so that got two days! The temperature stayed at 74 almost the entire time. San Diego and nearby coastal area is beautiful but way out of my price league!

I also loved the Midway and the Russian submarine they had there!

Ended up buying a cheap manifold in ebay and it worked perfectly for the trash picked grill. Hopefully I can resell this as it really just needed a good cleaning. The bottom panel and cabinet rusted out but the rest of the frame wasn't so bad.

Attachments

• 20220430_080450.jpg
    20220430_080450.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 20220429_225733.jpg
    20220429_225733.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 20220429_225646.jpg
    20220429_225646.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 20220429_225641.jpg
    20220429_225641.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 20220429_225103.jpg
    20220429_225103.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 20220429_225038.jpg
    20220429_225038.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 10
That looks good. But, I would be a little worried about the legs on that grill. Without some kind of side to side bracing, those legs will be experiencing a lot of stress if it gets moved around a lot. If it expected be pretty much stationary, then it is probably fine.

Somebody solved that leg problem with a cool wood slat approach on a different grill recently, but there are definitely creative options to solve that issue. You can go metal or wood, or both but I agree with Bruce, it will be very very wobbly like that.

Back