Weber Genesis II E-315 non-adhering paint

Walt Radford

7/1/20 I purchased a NEW Weber Genesis II grill from LOWES. 6/6/22 I contacted Weber for a claim on the bottom rack of the grill in which paint is bubbling as paint literally flexible and not adhering to paint -(no rust) just becoming unattached from the metal -Weber Ticket 2709836. This has occurred twice before on metal that is shrouding the propane tank since purchasing the grill so this is not isolated. In 2020 Genesis II grills came with a 10-year warranty for parts. The Rep I spoke to on 6/6/22 received pics of the defect and sent to her Sup. Sup first alluded via the Consultant that this may have been a "2nd grill" I purchased used or defective from Lowes. Then after learning this was not the case the Sup denied claim stating that bubbling paint is "normal wear and tear". And that this panel is prone to rust as it is outside and water accumulates here. First off the grill is covered and kept under covered patio when not in use, second with this statement am I to conclude Weber has a defective design on the market and not allowing for water drainage and is not covering claims? But to say that bubbling paint on a grill under 2-years in age is normal wear and tear?!?! (and it has a 10-year parts warranty) IF they can make this claim for such then they can for any part and this makes their warranty laughable. I asked to speak with the Sup and she Cowardly denied my request and instead instructed the kind Consultant to fill out a form.

Attachments

• grill 1.jpg
    grill 1.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 20
  • grill 2.jpg
    grill 2.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 20
Just return it. Shop at a grill store where you can see the grill and they will assemble it for you......

Lowes will not honor a return over a year...as warranty then is between buyer and manufacturer. And when I purchased it...Lowes did assemble and deliver for FREE. Problem is Weber is seeking to skirt the warranty. Those little bubbles you see in the pic are totally air....and the other panels they did once replace the paint would flake off to grey metal..no rust or contamination. Thanks greatly for your reply!!!!

Walt, if it was me then I would try a little higher up the ladder at Weber.
Nothing to lose....
I am with Walt I would ask to speak to that supervisors Boss and if that dose not work keep climbing that ladder. Weber has always prided itself on its first rate customer service, it is time to make stand behind this problem of which is of no fault of yours.

Not a defective design, but a paint adhesion problem at a facility in China.
I would caution against speculation like this, unless you know for certain where this particular part is made. It could have been poorly made in Illinois.

Walt, you sometimes will get different results if you call on another day and speak with a different rep. I'd try that, and if no satisfaction I would insist on working your way up the ladder. Worst case, I would send an actual letter to the CEO and provide a link to this page which makes a big deal about Weber quality: https://www.weber.com/US/en/manufacturing.html

You'd be surprised how much action you can sometimes get from a call or letter to the CEO. When I worked at HP, there was an entire support group dedicated to handling such complaints...because by the time someone writes to the CEO, they're usually pissed and vocal and need special handling by more experience support staff. I'm not saying that I know Weber operates the same way, but it wouldn't hurt to try.

Yah, I agree. I have had very good luck with my dealings with Weber C/S in the past and if you explained that issue to me prior to submitting a complaint to Weber, I would have said there is a about a 95% chance they will help you out on that problem. I would escalate the complaint.

Back