Weber Genesis 2000 Restoration

I am thinking that John either works at or owns a business that uses commercial sand blasting equipment. But if John has a cost effective retail setup, that would be very interesting.

Thanks again for all the nice comments! Oh man, you guys are not alone in wishing for a sandblaster. I did the smaller parts, lid end caps, z bracket type items at my buddy's house in his small sand blaster cabinet. The frame and firebox I had to take to a local company. It wasn't terribly expensive but it was cost prohibitive for doing grills to sell. I did these two special because I was keeping the one and the other was going to my Dad. These days, when I do look for grills to fix up and sell, I try to find ones that are newer that need some type of functional repair or older ones that are in good shape but just need a little love.

John, I'm looking to restore a green 2000. I love what you've done with the wood on the green model at the top of this thread. Where did you source the pine? Is this something I could pick up at the Depot. If you could provide any and all details on what I should look for and how you achieved that look, I'd greatly appreciate it. You've set the gold standard for what I'm hoping to achieve, minus the impeccably clean cook box.

Great, great work. Classics.

Back