Weber geneis enamel vs stainless hood

BrandonTX

Looking at the s-435 vs the e435. I found local the s435 in stock and they will price match the 1149 of the e435 but how much of a pain in the *** is it to keep it clean? I can wait 6 days and get the e435 I know it won't have the ss grates. I am ocd and want my stuff to look nice

I have SS shelfs on my genesis E320 and they are a pain. You have to be very careful what you clean them with and how you clean them or you end up with a lot of scratches. I know because the guy who had it before me I think he used 60 grit sandpaper.
Unless you want to spend a lot of time keeping it looking nice I agree with Bruce get the E version.

Go to an Ace Hardware or BBQ shop and buy the SE version aka Special Edition. Those have the painted colored lids, but also the SS flavor bars and grates. Best of both worlds.

I'm not sure if they make the SE in 4 burner, but you could call your local store and ask.

I hate the SS lids, such a paint to clean. Porcelain is so nice, being able to spray down with Simple Green and scrap clean with a razor blade to make it look new. Can't do that with SS lid.

Go to an Ace Hardware or BBQ shop and buy the SE version aka Special Edition. Those have the painted colored lids, but also the SS flavor bars and grates. Best of both worlds.

I'm not sure if they make the SE in 4 burner, but you could call your local store and ask.

I hate the SS lids, such a paint to clean. Porcelain is so nice, being able to spray down with Simple Green and scrap clean with a razor blade to make it look new. Can't do that with SS lid.
I checked there is no se 435. I love the se 335 just kind of want to get the 4 burner to have more room if I need it. I may just order the e435 and upgrade grates later. I am ocd and a scratched up 1k bbq would drive me mad lol.

I always thought the SS version would be more expensive. I would go with the E verision regardless.
It is 100 more but guy at lowes said he will drop it to the price of the E since no stock. I just think the ss is going to look like crap after a year or so.

It is 100 more but guy at lowes said he will drop it to the price of the E since no stock. I just think the ss is going to look like crap after a year or so.

Brandon, they dropped the price on the S330 for me because they did not have the enameled version in stock. Big mistake getting the SS. Like others have said, too hard to keep clean and looking nice and it scratches easily.

SS looking good depends on the quality of the steel more than anything. 400 series stainless is very hard to maintain. 300 series though is VERY easy and forgiving. Sadly 400 series is cheaper and so guess what the Weber is made of? My Wolf is all 300 series and maintaining it is as easy as a wipe down with some Windex or some Ammonia type cleaner. Grime is easy to remove with a simple scotchbrite pad. Don't try that with 400 series or an enameled lid

Dave Santana AKA RCPlanebuyer on Ebay. You will find no finer product anywhere. You will spend more than 400 series ones, or even other 300 series ones. But then you will have grates made to perfection by a true craftsman here in the US with quality materials, impeccable fit and finish and good tight bar spacing instead of the other ones I see wide enough to drop a whole T-Bone through. On request (for a cost) he will even customize them with slightly tighter spacing (which I highly recommend) so smaller items don't fall through i.e. asparagus, shrimp, other veggies and so on. But even with his standard spacing it's still WAY better than anything else

Dave Santana AKA RCPlanebuyer on Ebay. You will find no finer product anywhere. You will spend more than 400 series ones, or even other 300 series ones. But then you will have grates made to perfection by a true craftsman here in the US with quality materials, impeccable fit and finish and good tight bar spacing instead of the other ones I see wide enough to drop a whole T-Bone through. On request (for a cost) he will even customize them with slightly tighter spacing (which I highly recommend) so smaller items don't fall through i.e. asparagus, shrimp, other veggies and so on. But even with his standard spacing it's still WAY better than anything else
Sounds great but $300-$400 USD for grill grates is beyond my budget. That's $400-$550 CAD.

Garret. He sells the 9mm SS grates for about $130 US plus shipping. I would think he could get them to you in Canada for less than $200 US.
Otherwise, you can find some good choices on US Amazon....not sure what the Canada version has to offer.

If the border ever opens up, have them shipped General Delivery to the post office in Lewiston, NY. I regularly ship sh*t to my SiL in BC, I know how expensive it can be to ship to Canada. Then have a nice drive and lunch.

If the border ever opens up, have them shipped General Delivery to the post office in Lewiston, NY. I regularly ship sh*t to my SiL in BC, I know how expensive it can be to ship to Canada. Then have a nice drive and lunch.
Thanks for the offer but do you have any idea how big Canada is? I'm like a 20 hour drive from BC.

Garret. He sells the 9mm SS grates for about $130 US plus shipping. I would think he could get them to you in Canada for less than $200 US.
Otherwise, you can find some good choices on US Amazon....not sure what the Canada version has to offer.
Oh that's more than reasonable! Previous poster said the price was much higher. Thanks!

Back