Weber geneis enamel vs stainless hood

Thanks for the offer but do you have any idea how big Canada is? I'm like a 20 hour drive from BC.
I suggested General Delivery to a town near Buffalo, NY because I thought you were in the Toronto area for some reason. I thought I saw a post about and used grill in Ontario that said you were not in Winnipeg. Where ever you are in Canada, if you are within a reasonable drive of the border, it might behoove you to have the grates (very heavy and costly to ship) sent general delivery to a US post office along the border.

I only mentioned BC as a reference because I ship stuff there regularly. Recently, I shipped two identical packages from the LA area, one to Michigan and one to BC. The BC package cost 4x more to ship.

I suggested General Delivery to a town near Buffalo, NY because I thought you were in the Toronto area for some reason. I thought I saw a post about and used grill in Ontario that said you were not in Winnipeg. Where ever you are in Canada, if you are within a reasonable drive of the border, it might behoove you to have the grates (very heavy and costly to ship) sent general delivery to a US post office along the border.

I only mentioned BC as a reference because I ship stuff there regularly. Recently, I shipped two identical packages from the LA area, one to Michigan and one to BC. The BC package cost 4x more to ship.
I'm in Winnipeg.

Oh, yah, the regular ones for a Genesis 1000 or Silver/Gold B/C are much less expensive than what Larry had Dave make up custom for him.

Sorry for your frustration and the price confusion. By all means stick it out and give Dave a chance to put something together for you and work through the shipping. I often post here about good alternatives, especially if your budget constraints make It necessary or at least preferable to cut costs. There are some decent lesser alternatives that will do fine, but make no mistake, Dave’s are the very top drawer.

This review I did was for the older “classic” Genesis grill grates. The newer Genesis II hasn’t been out long enough for many non OEM options to come out yet:

Jon, one problem is that he is in Canada. Not everyone ships to Canada and if they do, it can get pretty pricey. So, he is pretty limited.

Jon, one problem is that he is in Canada. Not everyone ships to Canada and if they do, it can get pretty pricey. So, he is pretty limited.
Actually I don't think it's the cost of post going to Canada, I think it has to do with possible import duties the receiver has to pay

Actually I don't think it's the cost of post going to Canada, I think it has to do with possible import duties the receiver has to pay

Actually it is both the shipping and the duty at the border. And we have to pay about $1.35 Cdn for each US dollar. Really Sucks!

Actually it is both the shipping and the duty at the border. And we have to pay about $1.35 Cdn for each US dollar. Really Sucks!
It's similar for Americans, but not when we travel. If I order something from Canada online and have it shipped to the US, the shipping and duties are crazy expensive. BUT, when I go to Canada (at least yearly to visit my SiL and her family), I can bring back up to something like $700 worth of stuff without paying any duties. I think Canada does this as well because my SiL orders stuff delivered to our house before she visits and then takes it home duty free.

Something like 90% of Canadians live within 100 miles of the border. Obviously, for Richard in Nova Scotia, that wouldn't work, but I bet Winnipeg is less than 75 miles from the nearest US border town. Assuming the border ever opens again.

It's similar for Americans, but not when we travel. If I order something from Canada online and have it shipped to the US, the shipping and duties are crazy expensive. BUT, when I go to Canada (at least yearly to visit my SiL and her family), I can bring back up to something like $700 worth of stuff without paying any duties. I think Canada does this as well because my SiL orders stuff delivered to our house before she visits and then takes it home duty free.

Something like 90% of Canadians live within 100 miles of the border. Obviously, for Richard in Nova Scotia, that wouldn't work, but I bet Winnipeg is less than 75 miles from the nearest US border town. Assuming the border ever opens again.

Yeah, the in-laws are in Rhode Island so I buy stuff online in the US and have it shipped to them and pick it up when we visit. Usually with free shipping. I even got a flip shelf for my 3000 from Bruce like that. And a set of flavorizer bars from Dave Santana. People who live near the border can have it drop shipped to a US Post Office near the border and drive down to pick it up too.

Back