Weber GBS poultry roaster

Bradley Mack

TVWBB Super Fan
Has anyone else had this issue? I bought this accessory yesterday and used it once to smoke a whole chicken (beer can.) This is what it looks like after 3 washes by hand, the 3rd being with vinegar and baking soda. While I understand it‘s normal for the pan to tarnish “over time” and doesn’t affect performance, this thing was almost brown after my initial use. I just didn’t expect it to tarnish so quickly. The inside is what colour the outside used to look like.

9835FB96-58AF-4F87-849A-031670382D65.jpeg3E927655-77FB-43C5-B0EC-43D7EF4819A7.jpeg17DCBCA1-1DF3-4503-9531-6E2222624EEA.jpeg

B-Mac, you're good to go. Fire and smoke will add color to metal utensils and since you washed away the naughty bits that might possibly cause trouble, all is well.

Fear not, it is exactly what everyone above says. I liken it to “Velveteen Rabbit Syndrome” these things aren’t “real” until the eye is loose or the ear is torn a little, scuffs mean love!

Has anyone else had this issue? I bought this accessory yesterday and used it once to smoke a whole chicken (beer can.) This is what it looks like after 3 washes by hand, the 3rd being with vinegar and baking soda. While I understand it‘s normal for the pan to tarnish “over time” and doesn’t affect performance, this thing was almost brown after my initial use. I just didn’t expect it to tarnish so quickly. The inside is what colour the outside used to look like.

View attachment 23296View attachment 23297View attachment 23298
Since it is made out of SS, I would suggest using "Bar Keepers Friend" it comes in 3 configurations, powder, liquid & spray.

I have been using Weber 6731 Poultry Roaster for several years now, works great & clean-up is very easy.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FLRBMHW/?tag=tvwb-20

Back