Weber Gas Summit - Major update?

I agree, Joe. I would like to see the bland (to me) all-stainless look modified by offering some color again. And no painted steel cabinetry!

Not likely to happen at that price, although I at least like the black contrast with the stainless vs. the all-stainless ones. You don't see a lot of those Summit add-on cabinets. I guess they were Weber's answer to the "built-in" kitchen look. Problem to me is that that's more painted steel cabinetry to rust out :rolleyes: .

Me thinks Weber has no reason to update the Summit.

I have had a few Genesis II grills this year.

3 burners, 4 burners and 6 burners. The 6 burner is the same size as a Summit and has a cast aluminum firebox. The Genesis II line is well built and easy to work on in my opinion

So I suspect the 6 burner was discontinued due to feature overlap with the Summit.

So unless they offer a Genesis with an IR rotisserie no need to update Summit

So I suspect the 6 burner was discontinued due to feature overlap with the Summit.

So unless they offer a Genesis with an IR rotisserie no need to update Summit
I agree with the first statement, I'm guessing that Genesis II 6-burner sales cannibalized a lot of Summit 6-burner sales.

All current Summit grills come with an IR rotisserie as standard equipment. I doubt we'll see it as a Genesis feature. Some folks would like to see an IR burner added to Summit, either as a side burner or integrated into the cooking grates.

Giving this thread a nudge. Anyone hear anything about a summit replacement?

But back to the original question...no, I'm not aware of any Summit update on the horizon. Hope springs eternal. 🤞

Back