weber customer service

RobertZ

TVWBB Member
I have 2 weber performer grills. on one the table was broken into 2 pieces. the other had a crack. the lid rollers were bad on both & the rubber was shot on one of the dampers. I was getting ready to build a wood top to replace the broken table but got a wild hair & contacted weber. all they wanted were the serial numbers from the grills & they sent 2 new tables. a complete damper to replace the rubber, a pair of rollers & a complete lid rack with rollers for the 2nd one at no charge!!! i'm impressed.

got a surprise. I opened the box to install the new table top & instead of the original gray plastic they sent me a dark granite tone metal top.

got a surprise. I opened the box to install the new table top & instead of the original gray plastic they sent me a dark granite tone metal top.

That's great to hear. I've been wanting to replace my table top and really like the new metal ones, but wasn't sure if they'd fit.

That's why we keep buying more Weber's. I don't think you're ever going to bump into someone that has multiple Char-Broils.:p

Last edited:
doh! I figured out why weber sent the metal top. I had a kettle with a bad lid. a friend of mine ran over his performer with his truck but the lid & grates survived & he gave those to me. not even thinking about that when weber asked me for the serial #'s I gave them those from my friend's lid. based on that they sent me the metal top.
JIMK-there is a slight glitch. the replacement bolts are shorter & the 2 holes furthest from the kettle do not line up with my frame so the newer table frames are thinner & longer. I drilled 2 new holes in the metal top to match my frame & put dummy bolts in the extra holes were are beyond the end of the frame. with the new dark top next to the stainless steel Cajun bandit smoker ring this grill is lookin' good.

Last edited:
hey now......I have 5 charbroil grills here. I picked them up in alleys & they on my pile to go to the scrap yard. problem with the scrap yard though is last time I came home with an older heavier gauge brinkman offset smoker.

Back