Weber charcoal

Dan Kennedy

I would like to try Weber charcoal, but I've not seen it for sale in any store. I live just north of Boston. Any leads?

Ah, thanks. I use plain vanilla Kingsford. Is there a brand or type that is similar to what Weber used to sell?
I'll differ to the charcoal folks on the forum, they are much more knowledgeable than myself on various brands of charcoal.
Where I live we have summer charcoal bans because of fire restrictions so I don't use charcoal as much as the others. most of my stash is KBB.
I'm sure some will get on here and give some advice.

Ah, thanks. I use plain vanilla Kingsford. Is there a brand or type that is similar to what Weber used to sell?
Dan, I’ll recommend Jealous Devil, lump is specifically great!

It’s better than Weber briqs even. Different flavor profile.

Come and get the Weber Brand Charcoal down here in “Ticoland”;) A couple of weeks ago I passed-by at my favorite Costa Rican Weber Authorized Dealership and they still had three(3) bags left of this good-stuff.

Attachments

• 00735664-B281-4C39-A700-B25D36BEBFAC.jpeg
    00735664-B281-4C39-A700-B25D36BEBFAC.jpeg
    169 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
@John Burns any chance of a return, or why was the stuff killed in the States?
It was like 18.99 a bag was just to expensive Lowes and Home Depot got rid of it on clearance alot of us bought the HD deal for 4.10 a bag as I said still got 11 or so bags left. It was good stuff I thought they still sell it overseas really don't know.

@John Burns any chance of a return, or why was the stuff killed in the States?
It's possible we could see a Weber brand charcoal pop up again in the US, but I don't have any specific details that can be shared at this time. As for why it went away in the first place, all I can say is that the charcoal market comes with it's fair share of challenges.

It was like 18.99 a bag was just to expensive Lowes and Home Depot got rid of it on clearance alot of us bought the HD deal for 4.10 a bag as I said still got 11 or so bags left. It was good stuff I thought they still sell it overseas really don't know.
Yep. Avg joe isnt paying 2x cost for charcoal. In some cases your charcoal might cost more than the meat...or meat products.. on your grill.

Back