Weber and FedEx

Had a warranty claim with Weber. Smooth enough and got an email on Tuesday that it was shipped with FedEx along with a tracking number. Tracking said shipped, arriving Wed. Amazing-hard to believe. Well, today (Thurs) there is "no scheduled delivery date available" and in fact is in New Berlin, WI just sitting with the delivery date pending. As bad as FedEx has been lately, why would Weber stick with them as their shipper?
i had the same problem, fortunately New Berlin is a few miles from here so i drove there to retrieve my delivery... that really f***ed them up...
yeah, FedEx sucks.

Honestly have not had any issues with FedEx. USPS? Oh yeah. Like I mentioned in an earlier post. They've lost, stolen and damaged so much, I only ship FedEx or UPS. But, on a funny twist. Amazon. Sometimes I will order things from Amazon at such a time to not arrive when I know I will be away from town. So I will time the order to arrive later. And of course.......................they ship early :D

In my experience shipping though Amazon has been very good and usually arrives on time or early. UPS has also been pretty good almost always being on time. Recently every shipment I have had through FedEx has had a delay of 2-3 days from the promised date.

Another fun tidbit about UPS and Federal. If the shipment delivered late and it was sent Fedex Express, some big shippers with a lot of volume can dispute the charge on the online billing portal, and if it falls outside the guarantee window, like for example Fedex Standard Overnight is guaranteed by 5pm within the service transit time for that lane, you can get a full full refund of the shipping charges. Its difficult though as their portal only allows you to claim one shipment at a time, and if you ship 1000's of packages, its tedious. It is intensionally designed to be difficult. My company makes good bank weekly getting a few thound bucks back weekly, but we ship 11k packages monthly. Also the only way the money back guarantee gets negated is acts of God, weather delays, and "unexpected operations delay." 🤣

Oh and this money back guarantee service is "suspended" November till 2nd week of February, after the holiday rush has finished.

Its all a gimic!

Back