Weber and FedEx

JSaus

TVWBB All-Star
Had a warranty claim with Weber. Smooth enough and got an email on Tuesday that it was shipped with FedEx along with a tracking number. Tracking said shipped, arriving Wed. Amazing-hard to believe. Well, today (Thurs) there is "no scheduled delivery date available" and in fact is in New Berlin, WI just sitting with the delivery date pending. As bad as FedEx has been lately, why would Weber stick with them as their shipper?

For my consumer orders and my experience on carriers we've used at my employer, I've seen various delays from FedEx, UPS, USPS, DHL, and Amazon [direct] delivery.

And if memory serves I've seen a couple occasions where there was no update status for a span of time and, yet, a shipment arrived.

Is any carrier exempt from struggles?

FedEx plain old sucks from my recent experience. No problems with UPS, USPS has actually improved lately.
i don't take any sides here. UPS delivered my new office fridge with a giant dent in the face and a crush on the top corner. not happy. Costco will get this one back. they all stnk, equally. i hate wasting my time with product returns and poor shipping experiences. FRUSTRATING!

1665103215146.jpeg

Fed ex is such a pain in the *** with Weber stuff. New Berlin is literally a vacuum of packages.
Honestly I’ve had a bunch of shipments from Weber and thought some were never going to make it. They all ended up here eventually.

Package tracking is nice but in my experience it is iffy at best. But the estimated delivery date is usually correct. I'm not going to complain about any of them, I'm just happy for the service.

Fedex is in bad shape. I'm a Logistics Analyst by day. Fedex uses independent contractors to do all their pickups and deliveries, so not owned by Fedex. Unlike UPS which are all Teamsters union

One of their largest contractors made a big announcement publicly that the costing between them and Fedex wasn't enough to maintain operations for the holiday season and would chose to cease ops till they had more favorable contract terms. Instead Fedex cut off that contractor a week later and put all the workers out of a job. Suffice to say this sent a very bad message to the rest of their contractors.

This holiday season is going to be a nasty one in the shipping world. Peak season surcharges through the roof, inflation, and overseas goods congested at the ports... perfect storm of crap!

Well this is not good news. I have had so many things lost, damaged, and stolen by USPS I have totally sworn off them for my business use. Shifted all to FedEx and not had any issues. Haven't shipped anything in a while though, may be needing to at some point soon. Maybe I will use UPS?

Instead Fedex cut off that contractor a week later and put all the workers out of a job. Suffice to say this sent a very bad message to the rest of their contractors.

Oh, for pete's sake..... observationally, FedEx ALWAYS had the biggest hammer there. Stop services? Exactly what I'd expect to happen. Anybody who thinks that FedEx would come grovelling back to the table after the holiday ain't quite all there.

Weren't you referring specifically to FedEx Ground for pickups & deliveries? IIRC, that used to Roadway Package Service, and FedEx upon acquisition intentionally held that business well apart from the rest of FedEx. Although.... I haven't seen the FedEx Ground livery on trucks in quite a while.

So far, my experience with FedEx has been good.
I've placed several orders through Creekstone Farms this year.
All have been delivered by FedEx on time with free 2nd day delivery.
According to the tracker, the order I place yesterday is still on time for tomorrow.

Oh, for pete's sake..... observationally, FedEx ALWAYS had the biggest hammer there. Stop services? Exactly what I'd expect to happen. Anybody who thinks that FedEx would come grovelling back to the table after the holiday ain't quite all there.

Weren't you referring specifically to FedEx Ground for pickups & deliveries? IIRC, that used to Roadway Package Service, and FedEx upon acquisition intentionally held that business well apart from the rest of FedEx. Although.... I haven't seen the FedEx Ground livery on trucks in quite a while.
Fedex Ground is 71-150lbs Monday through Saturday and Fedex Home delivery is 1-70lbs Sunday through Friday. Two separate pipelines. The Express is separate providers too.

Agreed the contractor had their bluff called and they lost. They wanted more favorable contract terms, and instead Fedex simply cut them off for speaking out rather than renegotiating. Some high level rep made the announcement they wouldnt be be able to continue ops unless they renegotiated with Fedex corporate at the contractors convention, so it was far reaching in their network. At so close to the start of holiday reason it was a ballsy move.

IDK, Fedex has slashed their profitability report twice now, so investors are not happy. The economy and inflation is to blame, but many other factors too. It will be interesting.

I have not had any real issues with Fed Ex, or UPS , USPS is slow but gets delivered.
I was shocked that my PO Box rent for the smallest size jumped to 198.00 a year.
Talk about inflation.

I have no problems with delivery times, just do not send me a notification that it will arrive one Wed when it will actually arrive on Fri.

I have no problems with delivery times, just do not send me a notification that it will arrive one Wed when it will actually arrive on Fri.
I agree that is annoying.
But I must say with the freight bussiness what is these days we are lucky to get this month sometimes.
Wait till this winter,right.

So far, my experience with FedEx has been good.
I've placed several orders through Creekstone Farms this year.
All have been delivered by FedEx on time with free 2nd day delivery.
According to the tracker, the order I place yesterday is still on time for tomorrow.
Looks like I spoke to soon!
Now my delivery is scheduled to arrive by Tuesday…

Back